The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Making A List Checking It Twice.

Hello everybody and welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  We are getting closer.  Can you feel it.  The air is turning warmer, the birds are chirping, and even The Banditos returned for the summer.  Thank you for reading last weeks blog.  It's always great to hear and see those masked vigilantes.  You can count on much more as the summer progresses.  Down to brass tax.  This week we are to the final four shows left at The 21st Saloon before the end of our residency.  Only four more Friday's to go.  You don't have anymore excuses.  This Friday, May 1st we are teaming up with our good friend Bikers For Boobies.  They will be selling tickets for their upcoming motorcycle run in June and they will also be selling t-shirts that will more than likely be pink.  I truly can't say enough about this organization and all the help they do for those affected by breast cancer.  Come and show your support and get your face rocked off all in one wild evening.  Also if you are attending the event my radio station, 101.9 The Keg is putting on at The Ralston Arena, we are throwing the official after party.  What that means for you is free admission by presenting your ticket stub at the door.  Saturday we will be doing a very special private show in Omaha but you can still catch HAIR IN THE AIR Radio at 10pm on 101.9 The Keg.  Now for the goods.

As we close in on yet another summer tour season I can't help but start to feel excited.  This is my favorite time of the year and I think I write this same blog every May.  The new dates have been posted and it's shaping up to be one of the busiest summers we have ever seen.  If you know any of us personally, this is a good thing.  We live for these shows.  I love the club atmosphere and playing indoors is always safe, but when you move the party literally into the streets it takes on a completely new dimension.  Not to mention the band, my brothers and sister, are all together.  We ride together, we sleep together, we eat together, and we even shower together.  It becomes home.  I am reminded of all the people that we only get to see once or twice a year.  All those friends that make the special trip to catch a show.  I also look back at all the new friends we made on the road last year.  You people are our life blood.  You people are what keep us going.  The entire reason we have done this for so long is because we never get tired of seeing your faces.  This year my goal is to do one thing nice for a fan at every show.  Just a token of my gratitude for everything they give back to us.


Now for the checklist.  Luckily I have a bit of experience in this field and it's not like summer tours haven't been going on for 40 years.  Still I feel there is always something to learn.  Always Rule 1 - stay hydrated on tour.  Nothing will zap you faster than lack of water.  Rule 2 - Sunscreen.  Sunburns are not Rock N Roll no matter what.  Rule 3- Never leave your bus.  You don't want to be the guy that gets lost somewhere strange.  Rule 4 -(This is a new one) Consistency.  I have found through my own personal experience that the easiest way to keep the craziness down is to have a system and follow that system.  Rule 5- Don't wait to eat.  Much like the Snickers Commercial, eat something before you become an asshole.  Finally Rule 6- This is Rock N Roll be nice.  I have been saying this for years, set the ego aside this is supposed to be fun.  Those are the rules and I am sure there are some that I haven't mention.  Now for the most part if you can abide by these most shows will be stress free.  There is always the variable that you need to be aware of.  Roll with the punches.  Most importantly go out there and make some memories.  I like to think that I am a "Yes" man.  I crave the stories that you take back home to your friends and say "You wont believe this".  There it is ladies and gentleman.  If I can give you one piece of advise this summer it's LIVE FUCKING LOUD.

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

Sam Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment