The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Closest Thing To Heaven Pt. 2

Hello everybody welcome once again to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  Last weeks blog was the most viewed blog I have ever written.  Thank you very much to each and everyone of you for reading and sharing my writings.  As long as you keep asking for it I will keep delivering.  Also last week on Friday the three members of the band that stayed behind did our first all-acoustic performance.  I have to say this was one of the most fulfilling shows I have ever done.  We broke it down to simply two or three acoustic guitars and the songs.  It was our trial by fire to see if the tunes would stand up without all the lights, lasers, and smoke.  Thank you again to everyone that was in attendance.  Expect more of this all-acoustic thing.  As much as I enjoyed it I think we should probably put it out there for the world to see.  Now for the good stuff.  This Friday, April 10th we are back with the full production, the full stage show, the full Rock N Roll party at The 21st Saloon.   New songs and set lists from here on out.  Only 9 shows left in this highly successful residency so lets make them county.  This week we are celebrating Sniper's birthday.  Sniper is not only my best friend but one of the best musicians I have ever met.  He constantly pushes me to practice longer, play harder, and never give up.  Happy birthday to my musical partner in crime.  Without you who knows where I'd be.  OK OK.  So sappy, I know.  Saturday, April 11th we will be making a special guest appearance at The Iowa Make-A-Wish Gala.  Just look for the big hair.  Another great weekend is in the works.  Get on board.



For this weeks blog I want to tell you about my Monday.  Usually Monday for me consists of getting up around 1:30 PM, updating social media, and running.  This week I was invited by my elementary music teacher Mrs. Patchen to be the special guest of honor at her school's pep rally.  The 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders at Manchester Elementary School were preparing for a week long test and the teachers wanted to treat them before a grueling week of fill-in-the-bubble.  The theme for the pep rally was 'Rock The Test'.  I of course accepted her invitation not really knowing what to expect.  The week before Mrs. Patchen showed up at our show at The 21st Saloon and video tapped the band screaming "Rock The Test".  As Monday approached I was pretty nervous but looking forward to helping out the person that helped me get my start in music.  Monday morning I walked up to the school building right on time.  I had my rolling suitcase of Rock N Roll clothes and I had on my leather jacket.  It really had to be quite a sight to see as I struggled to open the front door to Manchester Elementary.  Oh that's right schools are locked up tight these days.  I was buzzed in and they showed me to my dressing room (faculty bathroom).  I've gotten dressed in way worse.  The teachers were so nice and accommodating except for one lady who just plainly said "You look scary".  Hey teachers leave those kids alone.  HAHA.  After I got dressed in the same room as the school mascot Mrs. Patchen took me to my holding room which was a classroom filled with little chairs and tables.  Very surreal.  I pulled up a chair and started to doodle KISS on the whiteboards.  Before I knew it, it was time to lead the troops into battle.  My mom and step dad even showed up to support me.  This was the big moment to show off my little rockstars to the school.




As The School of Rock ripped into a great version of "We Will Rock You" by Queen I lead the students down the red carpet to a full on paparazzi barrage.  Of course I left my sunglasses on.  The kids took their seats and I high fived as many of those cute little angels as I could.  We danced, we sang, we jumped, and then they gave me the microphone.  Well usually when this happens I believe that my job is to make as much noise as humanly possible.  "Manchester Elementary.  Are you still with me?  On three I want you to scream as loud as you possibly can". 1,2,3.  I think the astronauts on the space station probably got some sort of sonic disturbance from the noise level coming out of the gymnasium.  We ended the pep rally with a few pictures and an autograph session.  I was smiling from ear to ear.  I think I was more excited for the test than the kids were.  I just kept thinking "I have the greatest job in the world."  Through music and Rock N Roll I got the chance to inspire a group of amazing children.  I take it back.  Last week I said the closest thing to heaven was to have an entire room of people screaming back at you.  This week I say the closest thing to heaven is having a little kid just say "You Rock Spade."

ALWAYS  LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

Sam Spade

2 comments:

  1. That story was touching. Spade you are awesome and you really do ROCK I LOVE YOU for real I hope to make it to another show at 21st befor the summer travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAM SPADE YOU ARE SO HOT I LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete