The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Spark That Makes The Rock N Roll World Go Round

Hello everybody and welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official blog of 3D In Your Face.  May is finally upon us and the weather here in the states starting to get nice again.  Not really nice enought to play outside but it's getting close enought that I can smell it.  We want to thank everyone for the amazing night at The 21st Saloon last week.  Even with everything else going on in town the bar was still packed.  Thanks for all the support for Bikers For Boobies.  This Friday, May 8th we are back At The 21st Saloon with the third to the last show of this Residency that began back in Sept. 2014.  Can you believe it has been that long?  We have spent the better part of our year with you crazy people and trust me the guys and I in the band love every minute of it.  Last week we introduced a new set list that will be the basis of our summer set list.  So if you are looking for a little preview of what to expect this summer make plans to be in Omaha this Friday or the next two.  If not, well I guess you will have to wait until we come to your town.  Also please check out this brand 3D In Your Face Tour Flyer courtesy of Jenn Mitchell over at Rockgasm Radio.  Send her some love.

This week, as like most weeks, I never really know what I am going to write until I sit down and start typing.  At first I was going to write you a long indepth piece about Elvis Presley and why I think he is the greatest Rock N Roll singer of all time.  Honestly though those have been written and if you are reading this just watch this video it pretty much says it all.  So I thought for this week I might shed some light on the writing process of our upcoming album.  A little status update.  Things have been going extremely well with the new album.  We are about 8 full songs into the record with a goal of 12 songs for the finished product.  Most importantly we have played 6 of the songs live onstage and they have translated very well from the rehearsal room.  There is no title yet and there is no release date yet.  We have learned qutie a bit from the "Midnight Devils" album and it's release and this time we are going to do our best to not rush anything and do it right.  That means singles, videos, iTunes, pre-sales, and special bonus material.  This album feels a lot like the last one but I think we have all matured as musicians and songwriters and we have added a new element to the equation, DAX.  No matter how it turns we are just happy to have the chance to express ourselves through our music for the world to see.

Maybe even you can help.  For the past few weeks I have been having a bit of writers block.  Unfortunately this happens sometimes to any artist.  I know that we need another song, I have the drum beat but I can't quite put my finger on the hook, or the chorus.  I realize that the block is coming from me, from within.  I want the song to focus on a certain aspect and nothing around me is tripping the trigger, for lack of a better phrase.  Now I know better than anyone else that you can't force these things to happen.  They come naturally and honestly, that's what makes them relatable songs.  I'm almost positive that I have written this blog before for the last album.  So for now the block continues and I look to you people for inspiration.  I've said this before many times but 90% of our songs comes from real life experiences.  I think that's only fair.   Just remember I will be watching and taking it all in hoping for that little spark that makes the Rock N Roll world go round.

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

Sam Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment