The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I'm A Peacock, You Got To Let Me Fly

Let me just begin by saying that, it's about time for me to spread my wings.  I'm a peacock, you got to let me fly.  Welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  The time is officially here and I have to admit that I am so excited.  We are on the brink of our new summer tour.  This Friday night, May 31st will be the first night of the "Midnight Devils Summer Tour 2013".  I am like a kid right before leaving for Disney World or Adventure Land, for those mid-western people.  Last week we officially ended our residency at The 21st Saloon.  It was a bitter sweet night and I have to admit we were all pretty sad to leave our Omaha friends and family.  Like most of you, Friday nights at The 21st Saloon had become a ritual to us.  I had it down so good that I knew where I was supposed to be and what I was supposed to be doing every hour starting at 4 pm Friday afternoon.  Our last show there was amazing and I couldn't think of a better way to end this celebration and begin our summer tour.  I can't say thank you enough to all our friends and family that came out to support us.  The biggest thank you goes to all of our weekly sponsors.  Each one of you stepped up to the plate and delivered a unique addition to each show.  We have made some amazing friends along the way and I can only hope this tradition continues into the future.  My phone is always on and if there is ever anything I or 3D In Your Face can do for you please feel free to ask.

Speaking of our summer tour, "Midnight Devils Tour 2013", this blog is going to be an informative piece.  I want to take you into our world and let you know what being on the road is like.  I am going to give you an in depth list of things that are invaluable to me while I am on the road.  I am by no means a road worn rock n roll soldier but I have been doing this for a while and I have some of this down to a science.  The first and most important thing I always get before leaving is sunscreen.  The guys always laugh at me but I am a sissy when it comes to the sun.  I  prefer staying a nice shade of blinding white to a bronze tan or crab white.  I rule of thumb is always find the highest SPF that the store carries.  SPF 50 no good, SPF 70 getting close, SPF 90 now we are talking.  I recently found out they sell SPF 120.  As soon as we pull into our load in I immediately put four coats of sunscreen over my entire body.  Just in case the sun explodes and shoots flaming radiation into our atmosphere, I will be OK.  As a ritual it is our new techs responsibility to lather my back with sunscreen, counter clockwise only.  Second thing on the list is socks.  With socks I have learned that I hate carrying around dirty laundry so I just by a new bag wear them once and throw them away.  Plus you always feel like a million bucks with new socks on.  Third thing is earplugs.  This is a must for in-bus sleeping.  I have talked a lot about "The Rock N Roll 8".  Before any show I try my hardest to get at least 8 hours of sleep.  When the bus is fully loaded with people the inner bunk room turns into a snoring fart-fest.  Many nights I have found myself with no earplugs or only one.  I inevitably end up staying awake all night and nobody likes a cranky bus mate in the morning (that goes against the "always be the happy guy on the road rule").  Another must is extra pants.  You may laugh at this one but you never know when you are going to be in the middle of a sweat ass jump kick and blow your pants out.  Trust me this has happened to every musician and only the prepared ones are able to recover from this traumatic event.  Mine happened in the middle of a song and I had to keep playing with my bird flapping in the wind.  No one in the crowd seemed to notice but I took the time to show my entire band "The Goods".  Another tour essential is a Speedo.  Last summer we enacted Speedo-Summer.  There is nothing like a well place Speedo pose to lighten the mood on a cranky bus.  Plus you never know you will be playing next to a lake, pool, or random garden hose.  Baby Powder has become a hot commodity around the 3D In Your Face camp.  Not only does it serve as a white base for your face, hair, and clothes.  It doubles as a form of better smelling fog at those shows when the smoke alarms wont allow for fog.  Most importantly it is used in the quenching of The Gig Butt.  I wont get into this as most of you know what I am talking about.  The holiest rule in all of touring is "always stay hydrated on tour".  Water is the most coveted item on any tour and no show can function without massive amounts of H2O.  I am a big stickler for this rule and this rule has saved me more times than I can even remember.  As a matter of fact I think for "The Midnight Devils Tour", we are going to have mandatory water time-outs every hour.  My guys shall never go thirsty and there will not be any heat related illness or injure this summer.  That is my promise and that is my creed.  

Our first tour stop will be this Friday night May 31st at Uncle Larry's in my hometown of Fremont, NE.  For those of you that do not know I can't stress this enough.  If you want to see the new show you have to get there early.  Last time we were there Uncle Larry's sold out by 8 PM.  I believe we will be playing outside if the weather is nice so there will be a lot more room.  Fremont is a rock n roll town and I can't wait to come back to my old stomping grounds.  Not to mention Uncle Larry's is an old converted strip club, the energy and atmosphere is still there and our dressing room is the old stripper dressing room.  If those mirrors could talk.  Saturday night, June 1st we will be making the trip to Norfolk, NE and The Off Road Ranch for The Midwest Bike-Fest.  We will be playing our first bike festival of the year.  Most of all we will be opening for the legendary Warrant.  Tickets are only $25 presale or $30 day of show.  I can't tell you how much this band means to me and all the boys in 3D In Your Face.  "The Midnight Devils Tour 2013" begins this week and will last through the better part of September.  I NEVER WANT TO GO HOME.  

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

HAIR IN THE AIR

SPADE

1 comment:

  1. Deanna Kilton ~ a forever fan!May 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM

    You go boys on that wild tour, or you go wild boys on that tour, whichever way sounds like you're all in good hands with Super Spade there! Enjoy it and we will see you when you fly back into town! David saw Warrent live in Vegas and they let him get their signatures on the CD he brought with him, Cherry Pie! They are cool, but how are they going to follow you fine hotties? Now go fly, new fans are waiting! \m/ \m/

    ReplyDelete