The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Friday, August 26, 2016

My Way.

Hello everyone and welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face and The Midnight Devils.  So much is happening in our little glam corner of the globe.  This blog has been such a fantastic outlet for me.  I love all the comments and seeing all of you people read this week in and week out really brings a smile to my face.  This week Sniper and I will be out on the road for two of the last three shows for the acoustic Midnight Devils Tour.  Tonight, Friday the 26th we will be returning to one of the very first bars to take a chance on us back in 2015.  Look out Oakland, NE we are throwing a great big Rock N Roll party at Groovy's.  Show starts at 10 PM.  Saturday night we head down south for a big celebration at The Farmhouse Lounge in Weeping Water, NE.  This will also be a 10 PM show.  As I said earlier only three shows remain on the "Radio Riot" acoustic tour.  We will be announcing more dates and big big big news very soon.  So keep it here.  I promise I will give you all the dirt before you read it on facebook or twitter.  Also please don't forget to tune in to my radio show also called HAIR IN THE AIR, Saturday night at 10 pm CST on 101.9 The Keg.  We are never going to sleep baby.


On this the eve of the last road trip on this tour I wanted to talk about The Midnight Devils and why we decided to venture out and test the waters.  Sniper and I love 3D In Your Face.  I have been with this band for 11 years and Sniper is going on 6.  We love our fans dearly.  We love the music and adventure.  We love putting in the hard work and the long hours.  There is no way we will ever let anything happen to the legacy we have all created.  The Midnight Devils came about at a time that we wanted and needed to stay on the road.  For personal and creative reasons things just seem to go better when we are playing live rock n roll music in a small town bar.  We thought we owed it to our fans to keep playing the music no matter what.  In the beginning it was more about Sniper and I getting on stage and seeing if we could make it through an entire show.  Now we are booking our third tour that will take us through to 2017.  I have had such a blast doing this.  It's tough out there for two guys with two acoustic guitars.  Every show is a bloody uphill battle.  The stories and the adventure is what keeps us coming back for more.  We wanted to make The Midnight Devils a band for the people.  A band that could fit in any bar and rally any group of people no matter what.  We wanted to do it our way from the beginning and I am pretty proud to say we have stayed true to our core values.

We don't just play the songs that people want to hear but  play the songs that you want to play as a musician.  Play songs from the 2014 Midnight Devils record.  Play songs for the recent Lost in the Volume album.  Mix it all up and if people see that it come straight from the heart they wont have a choice but to get it.  We didn't want to rely on anyone else to control our destiny.  No hand outs just hard work.  To be honest I actually love it and don't consider it work.  Sniper and I battled and fought through some brutal cities but we made it out alive and we are about to make one of the biggest announcements of our careers.  What's supposed to happen next is really any body's guess.  I'm still not even sure but I know we aren't going anywhere.  Thank you all for being part of this adventure.  We have made some great memories together and in the end isn't that what it's really all about.  I have laughed more this last summer than I have in my entire life.  There's also been a lot of rough spots and I've lost people along the way.  I'm still a firm believe that if you lose yourself in the music you will never be alone.  Those songs will always remind you of the good times and hopefully pull you out of the bad times.  My way better yet 'our' way isn't anything special but it is unique and from the heart and I believe captures the essence of what Rock N Roll is really about.

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

Sam Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment