The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Friday, August 5, 2016

It's Unpredictable Yet Oddly Satisfying

Hello maniacs.  My name is Sam Spade, welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face and The Midnight Devils.  "We've been having fun all summer long."  I hope that you have been having as much fun this summer as we have been.  Every year the tour gets wilder and wilder and I dread the end.  Luckily we still have one more month to go.  This week we are heading back out on The Midnight Devils "Radio Riot" Summer Tour.  If you haven't yet got a chance to see this acoustic Rock n Roll circus your time is running out.  Friday, Aug. 5th we will be making our debut at North 40 in Magnolia, IA.  This will be a 9 PM show and is only 39 miles north of Omaha, NE on I-29.  Saturday, Aug. 5th 3D In Your Face resumes our summer run of shows with a return performance at an amazing motorcycle festival called Across The Border Raid in Bedford, IA.  This show will be held at the Taylor County Fairgrounds in Bedford.  GTO goes on stage at 4:30 PM and we close out the festivities starting at 10 PM.  This will be the last 3D In Your Face show before we return back home for Septemberfest.  If you can't make any of these killer shows don't worry The Midnight Devils have some great things in store for the rest of Aug.  Also don't forget to tune in to my radio show also called HAIR IN THE AIR on Saturday night at 10 PM on 101.9 The Keg.


I'd like to apologize for no blog last week.  Sometimes I find it a bit hard to write when nothing too wild and crazy is happening.  I know after last months high profile blog posts nothing is actually a good thing.  Things on the road have been going well.  The shows have been great.  3D In Your Face has been functioning like a well oiled machine.  We are getting along great and our new album Lost In The Volume has been getting great reviews.  I still find this to be just good enough.  I want to look back in a year and say last summer was great but this summer was one step better.  It's stressful and eats away at every waking thought.  How can we do more shows to more people?  How can we reach a broader audience?  How can we show the rest of the world that the boys from Omaha came to play ball?  Well if it were easy we would've already done it by now.  I'm no expert and there are no guide books on how to run a succesful band for a long period of time.  I'll be the first to say that everything in 3D In Your Face has been a learning experience for me.  It's all about finding what works, trial and error.  You better believe I have made more errors than triumphs but that only makes the triumphs feel even better.  


I recently sat down with an old friend of mine.  He was actually my guitar tech for 6 years, my right hand man, while I toured with my previous bands.  We did everything together.  We were mad men out on the road, drinking and causing trouble in every city we went to.  I always thought that the party was part of being in a band and to a certain extent it is.  It was so cool to sit down and tell old war stories about old shows that we barely remembered.  Like I said we used to drink pretty heavily and know almost 6 years later we are both sober and still around to laugh about how sensless we were.  It was all in fun and part of the journey.  I'm not sure if rock n roll has changed since then or if we have just grown up.  I still enjoy those wild nights but it seems so much different now that I'm not staring down the bottom of a Vodka bottle.  I'm not sure if touring has changed or if we've just become more dedicated to our craft.  I still have some wild stories from this tour but they won't be any good for a couple of years.  The Midnight Devils tour has been a saving grace for us.  It's been amazing stripping back the show yet we still get a chance to cause a little chaos wherever we go.  It seems as of late there has been so much stress placed on us that the only peace we get peace is when both hands are on the wheel and all four tires are at the correct air pressure heading down the interstate.  It's unpredictable yet oddly satisfying and I can't seem to stay away no matter how intense it gets.  I just love it that much. 

Always Loud
Forever Proud

Sam Spade


No comments:

Post a Comment