The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Watching Those Ungrateful Assholes At The Table

Hello everybody and welcome back to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  Thanksgiving is upon us and this holiday weekend we have so much to be thankful for.  We have another great week of Rock N Roll coming up.  The 2014 tour continues right back home to Omaha this week.  This Friday, Nov. 28th we are back at The 21st Saloon for our second annual Black Friday Blow Out.  After all the turkey and stuffing, when the dishes are all put away and the table is clean, after the shopping and football what do you still have left?  That's right Rock N Roll.  We know this is going to be a huge party and everybody is celebrating the holiday so we have invited Dennis Roy Daugherty and Ancient Wisdom Massage to sponsor this weeks event.  Dennis will be offering free chair massage samples and $10 off gift certificates.  Now you can't say that we were never looking out for your health.  Hmm Rock N Roll, massages, and holiday weekend.  Call the cops this night should be illegal.

Also please don't forget about our crowdfunding campaign to help with the making of our next music video.  As of right now the "Forbidden City" T-shirt and Hoodies only have 7 days left before the camapign closes.  All of these products will ship before Christmas.  This artwork is limited and will never be used again.  So get your shirts and be apart of this next adventure with us.  Go HERE for the official t-shirt.  Go HERE for the official full zip hoodie.

When I was think about this weeks blog I wanted to write something that really captured Thanksgiving but was still not your usual dribble.  I thought a lot about the holiday traditions and the way these things are passed down from generation to generation.  For as long as I can remember I have spent Thanksgiving with my family back in Fremont.  We usually do the same thing, it's always very nice.  I love getting the chance to see my family but it never lasts long enough.  It always seems to fast.  For the last ten years my Thanksgiving tradition has always been to get back out there on the road and play on Friday night but for me that is completely normal.  I have grown to love spending holidays with my bandmates.  These guys are the best and we can always be ourselves around each other.  The laughs seem to never end.  Christmas, New Years, V-Day, 4th of July.  All of the holidays that most people celebrate with their families, we are together laughing a dick jokes and farting on each other.  This is my thanksgiving tradition and I wouldn't change it for the world.

This year as you all sit ackardly around the dinner table and share what you are thankful for, sit back and try and take it all in.  Think about what traditions you will be passing on to the next generation.  Think about all the great holiday dinners you had.  Think of all the football games you may or may not have watched.  Sooner or latter you'll be the grandparents watching your own children and grandchildren act like ungrateful assholes at the dinner table.  But those memories and traditions will live on forever.  A lot of the times I miss my grandparents but during the holidays they always stop by to say "Where guys playing next." or "How was the show last night".  The one thing my grandparents did was support me unconditionally, no matter how ridiculous I looked when I walked into Thanksgiving dinner.  Now that is the definition of family.  We as a band are lucky enough to be playing this Friday and we get to celebrate this great holiday with our 3D In Your Face Family.  The whole damn dirty lot of you are invited to our celebration.  Let's make some memories.  

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

ROCK N ROLL FOREVER 

SPADE

No comments:

Post a Comment