The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

As The Plot Thickens

Hello everybody and welcome back to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  I am very excited about this weeks blog.  There are lots of new things in the works as we head into our winter tour season.  First of all I want to thank each and everyone of you that came out to The 21st Saloon on Friday.  When that curtain dropped and I saw the place packed to the rafters I was in heaven.  That sideways grin made an appearance and everything was right in the world.  Also thank you to everyone that came out to our show at Cheers in Dow, City, IA.  What a great bar and a wild night.  This week we are switching things up a bit because of some prior commitments.  This weeks 21st Saloon show has been moved to Saturday, Nov. 15th.  The show will start as scheduled and everything will be the same except it will be a Saturday night party.  On Friday please head down to The Waiting Room to support Dax as he pays tribute to Led Zeppelin in Achilles Last Band.  This will be a wild show and you wont want to miss Dax dressed as the legendary skin basher John Bonham.

Today we launched a huge announcement and campaign for the release of our third single "Forbidden City" from our Midnight Devils album.  Here is the skinny on what is happening.  A month or so ago I was hanging out with Joe from Party Express Bus and he said "Sam, you know you should realy put out another video before you are done with the Midnight Devils Album".  I agreed with Joe but I was still searching for inspiration to write another video.  We discussed it more and I told him I thought it would be cool to shoot a video for "Forbidden City"in an old catholic church.  He made a call and a week later I found myself in the crypt of an old monastary.  Thanks to Alyshia at Party Express Bus, Dax and I settled upon the location that day.  It was perfect.  I sat down and wrote out the entire script based around the crypt and the idea was ready for production.  Much like the "In Your Face" video I wanted to incorporate you, our fans as much as could.  This video is as much for you as it is for us.  I stumbled upon the teespring website that helps crowd fund projects with t-shirts.  Go here to purchase your "Forbidden City" shirt.  I worked intensively with Corey and Lisa Phillips to put the artwork together.  We enlisted the help of Scott Phillips at Strategic Tattoo to draw up the front of the t-shirt.  The inspiration came from my actual written script.  Our goal for this campaign is to not sell 175 shirts and raise enough money to put this video into production but to give you people a chance to be apart of this video.  The shirts are limited to www.teespring.com/3dinyourface only and will only be available for the next 21 days.  Please reserve now and help us make this dream into a reality.

This "Forbidden City" T-shirt campaign is just the beginning.  After the campaign ends we will make the video and release it as soon as possible.  Then the next step will be to get back into the studio and begin work on the follow up album to Midnight Devils.  We have a plan of attack and I know you people will be supporting us throughout the whole thing.  Thank you for all the love.

This Friday I will unfortunately not be on hand at Dax's show.  I will be back in Lincoln at home celebrating 4 years of sobriety.  I will be celebrating 4 years of clean living.  These last four years have been the greatest 4 years I can ever remember.  Not only because now I am sober and can remember them but because being sober has allowed me to get to a level I never thought possible in my career.  Getting sober has given me the chance to meet so many new amazing people.  People that have touch my life everyday.  People that I love like family and will be with me for the rest of my life.  Soberity has sparked a fire inside of me creatively and helped me push myself and my music to the next level.  There is nothing that can stop me now.  Sobriety may not be for everybody but for me there is no other option.  Thank you to my all of my friends that have stuck around through the bad times.  Without you I surely wouldn't be where I am at today.

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

SAM SPADE

No comments:

Post a Comment