The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Could There Be Any More Stuff In Here?

Hello to all you heavy metal, rock n roll wild stallions out there.  Welcome back to another edition of HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  Sorry I missed a week, things have been beyond busy here in our little piece of the world.  We are gearing up for something huge.  All of our planets are aligning and soon, very soon we are going to unleash the flood gates on you.  I have so much going on and so much to tell you it will blow your mind.  This weeks blog is going to be a news style/current events blog.  Fasten those seat belts I hope you like a bumpy ride.

Let's start things off with the current summer tour.  We only have about a month left on our "Midnight Devils Summer Tour".  Our last show for the summer will be in Sutherland, IA on labor Day.  Then it's back to the drawing board.  The shows have been going so much better than I could have hoped for.  I have met so many amazing people and heard so many cool stories on this journey.  It fills my heart with joy.  I am beyond thankful for each and everyone of you.  Last Friday night we played in our second home, Kearney, NE.  On Thursday 3D In Your Face made our television debut on NebraskaTV.  Check out the interview here.  (I don't want to hear about the microphone falling apart on me. lol).  We drove the bus to Axtell, NE, parked it in the station parking lot and stayed the night so we could be awake and dressed early enough for the show.  The news team at NTV was amazing and it was truly an honor to work with such a professional operation.  We only did one night in Kearney at Shooters, usually Kearney is such a riot that we have to play two nights.  For the tours sake we had to cram an entire weekend worth of Rock N Roll mania into one night.  Our great fans in Kearney came out in record numbers and packed the place.  We even had friends drive in from Omaha, Nebraska City, Grand Island, and Denver.  COUNT IT.  Kearney really knows how to show 3D In Your Face some love. Saturday we were in Odessa, NE for the Kearney Class of '88 reunion.  We were a little apprehensive about the show but the Class of '88 really knew how to throw one hell of a party.  Thank you to people who were responsible for bringing us and helping make the show a huge success.  The food was great and we got treated like rockstars.  

Our tour charges on this weekend picking up steam as it heads into the final month.  Thursday, August 1st we will be playing a very special motorcycle night at Dillon Bros. Harley Davidson in West Omaha.  This is a warm up gig before we invade Lincoln.  The show on Thursday begins at 5:30 pm.  There will be food, bikes, and a calendar girl photo shoot all taking place in The Dillon Bros. parking lot.  Get there early.  Friday, August 2nd  we are making a return visit to Lincoln, NE and The Lancaster Fair.  The show starts at 9PM.  If you saw this show last year you know that this is one celebration you wont want to miss.  Rumor has it that the full pyro show will be going up.  We will also be making another television appearance on The 10/11 News in Lincoln.  Star City Buzz will be on site and the will be taping the show and doing interviews with the band.  Their feature will air next Monday.  Staying in Lincoln, on Saturday, August 3rd we will be stripping down our show and moving it into Cappy's Hot Spot for a one night only club show.  Cappy's is located at 48th and Hwy 2.  If you are looking for that up close and personal intimate vibe Saturdays show will blow the doors off of any club show you have seen.  I can personally guarantee that and if you don't believe me put your money where your mouth is.  Three great shows to celebrate the last month of our "2013 summer tour". I hope to see all my Lincoln friends and family there.

On to the most important topic in my life.  The brand new 3D In Your Face studio record.  What is it called?  When is it coming out?  What songs will be on it?  Where can I pick up a copy?  These are all very valid questions and I have answers for everyone of them, unfortunately I can't divulge that much information yet.  I am very happy to say that we are 100% finished recording the new album.  There will be 12 songs on the new record.  I believe we have play 4 of the songs live.  Right now the album is being mixed and then on to mastering.  I know I promised you Sept. 13th but because of our hectic tour schedule this date may be pushed back a little.  Sorry.  The working title for the new record is "Midnight Devils" and we will be putting up our single/sample as soon as the first song is completely ready for your drooling little ear holes.  I am also working on a new website that will be your host for all things 3D In Your Face.  I will link our albums up with iTunes and CD Baby so you may purchase the songs via download.  On Saturday August 10th we will be doing a photo session for the new album at The 21st Saloon.  Most importantly we need YOU to be a part of this brand new step in our lives.  We need about 30 to 40 of our closest friends and fans to come to The 21st Saloon around noon on August 10th, dressed in the brightest neon colored clothes you can find.  Chappy and I have a great idea for the front cover and we want all our fans to have their mugs plastered all over this new record.  One rule for the album shoot.  BRIGHT.  We need you wearing BRIGHT colors.  Whatever you want to wear just BRIGHT.  

It's also that time of the year again when I need a solid from you.  It's time to nominate 3D In Your Face for Best Cover Band 2013.  The Omaha Entertainment and Arts Awards are doing their annual nominations and we need you to cast your vote for 3D In Your Face.  Last year we didn't win but we were nominated which secures us a seat at the OEAA ceremony.  We showed up in full makeup, big hair, spandex, and tight jeans.  Most importantly we rolled up in a limo and showed everyone that 80's metal is back and louder than ever.  We want to represent you, our fans, again this year.  We want to show every other band in Omaha that we truly deserve to be sitting there in that room.  Win or lose.  This year I don't care.  We are going in as reigning champions already.  Please take a minute and cast your vote for 3D In Your Face and ROCK N ROLL.  Vote HERE

HAIR IN THE AIR, my radio show of the same name is going great.  If you haven't listened yet, I don't know why I even bother.  I am a little over two months into my relationship with The Big O 101.9 and I couldn't be happier.  I love doing radio and I love being around such an amazing group of people.  Thank you Ken for everything.  Tune in Saturday nights from 8 PM to 10 PM on 101.9 FM in Omaha or online at www.whatever101.9.com.

Last but not least, one of the family members left our group last week.  I am going to be as vague as possible here because my intention is not to hurt anyone.  We lost one of our best friends.  One of the road warriors decided to move on.  I want to wish that person the best of luck in their new endeavors.  I also want that person to know that we will always be brothers and best friends.  And if that person ever wants to come back we will always have a spot open.  

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

HAIR IN THE AIR
SPADE

No comments:

Post a Comment