The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

And Now Where Do We Stand?

I WANNA ROCK.  Hello all you heavy metal maniacs and welcome back to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  I want to start this blog off right by thanking all of you out there for reading this HAIR IN THE AIR.  Right here is where it all started.  I am proud to call you wonderful people my friends.  Thank you so very much.  You guys have been along for the entire ride, and what a ride it has been.  Our summer break is about to finish and we will be kick starting the second half of our "Midnight Devil's Summer Tour".  I have been hard at work over the break getting ready to get back out there on the road.  A few weeks ago I wrote a blog about being home sick.  Now I am the complete opposite end of that sentiment.  I have been home for two weeks and I am ready to get out there and fly.  I love my family and friends here at home but it's time to experience some of the magic of being in a rock n roll band on the open road.  Our tour is now fully booked and 3D In Your Face has never had a busier summer schedule.  We are planning to zig-zag across the mid-west and hit every small town in our path.  We are coming to you, the people who really matter most.  You are the ones keeping Rock N Roll still alive.  

The most important thing we have done so far this summer has been to sit down and record the new 3D In Your Face record.  Two weeks ago we invaded 3D Studios and cut 12 original tracks that will become the brand new record.  Drums, bass, guitars, and some vocals are finished.  As I am writing this there is still no set title.  We have set a Sept. 13th release date.  Shhhh don't tell anyone else yet, we have not officially made a press announcement that the album will be release on Sept. 13th, but the album release will coincide with our return to The 21st Saloon and the conclusion of our summer tour.  Big things are on the horizon.  Mark your calenders for Sept 13th, 2013.  This will be the biggest day in my life and in the history of the band.  

I have been hard at work on the publicity trail.  My goal was to get radio, TV, and newspaper support in every town we played in.  So far this summer almost every town has stepped up to support us and help us spread the proverbial Rock N Roll word.  The most recent have been the amazing article written by Stephen Rickerl in The Fremont Tribune.  Check it out here.  Also I spent some about an hour on air with Rachel Roberts in my hometown radio station KHUB 1340.  Download the podcast here.  It was such an honor to walk into the radio station that was so instrumental in my early Rock N Roll development.  I bet that studio has seen some of the most amazing people Fremont has to offer.  Just the smell of the place took me back in time.  I didn't want to leave.  Also don't forget HAIR IN THE AIR my radio show of the same name will be on Saturday night at 8 PM on The Big O 101.9 FM

On top of the new record and the publicity trail, our road crew has been hard at work on a new stage show for the remainder of our summer dates.  Word has come down from the top that we will be adding 4 more flame towers to our stage set, which will bring the grand total to 8.  Let me repeat that to you, we will be using 8 flame towers to bring you the most over-the-top 80s experience you have ever seen.  I dare anyone else to bring that kind of fire power to the stage (ok KISS gets it always).   Who's laughing now?  Our goal has always been to give our fans more than any other band and I truly believe our new show will blow your ass away.  


Our "Midnight Devils Tour" starts back up again this Friday, July 12th in my hometown of Fremont, NE.  We are making a return trip to Uncle Larry's where we celebrated our first sold out show.  On top of that the city of Fremont is celebrating John C. Fremont days, the annual city wide festival that brings the city together for one giant party.  There will be food vendors, car shows, talent contests, historic tours, and Civil War reenactments all over the entire town.  This will be my first time back in town for John C. Fremont days since I moved away 8 years ago.  Let the party begin.  Saturday, July 13th we will be making the trip to Wayne, NE for their annual Chicken Show festival.  We will be playing the street dance located in Riley's parking lot.  Most importantly I just found out that we will be honored in the Chicken Show Parade.  Starting at 9:30 AM we will be saddling up with The National Guard.  You better believe we will be dressed in full stage gear and loaded with candy and guitar picks.  The National Guard will be driving us through the parade route in the back of their trucks.  It has always been a life long goal to be in a parade and now we are doing it on our own terms.  I can only imagine the pictures (COUGH COUCH CHAPPY).  

I know I just pilled a bunch on you and I will leave you with this.  Summer 2013 will be the greatest summer of our lives.  I love you all and I can't wait to see you.  

ALWAYS LOUD 
FOREVER PROUD

ROCK N ROLL FOREVER 
SPADE

1 comment:

  1. Well said, well deserved, and we will all be there when you bring it!

    ReplyDelete