The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Friday, November 4, 2016

Hot Rod Breaks His Silence About the Future of The Band.

Hello everybody and welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face and The Midnight Devils.  I have a very special blog for you today.  One of my best friends and bandmates, Alan "Hot Rod" King lays it all out on the table for you and clears up any questions you have about the future of 3D In Your Face.  He came to me and asked if he could special guest write this weeks blog and I was absolutely thrilled to give him the reins.  Before we get to the good stuff I would like to give a huge shout out and thank you to the great city of Fremont, NE.  Last Friday I DJ'ed a night off epic rock n roll at Tin Lizzy Tavern.  I had an absolute blast hanging with great friends and spinning some great tunes.  Have no fear if you missed it, I will be booking more live DJ events across the area.  If any bar or organization you know is looking for a wild evening of entertainment get ahold of me - - Sam Spade Home Page.  Last Saturday The Midnight Devils celebrated Halloween with our second appearance at The Fremont Monster Walk to raise money for The Low Income Ministries.  Then we headed to RD's for one hell of a Halloween Party.  Fremont it's always a pleasure stopping by.  The Midnight Devils will be hitting the road hard for the rest of the year.  We only have three available dates in 2016, Nov. 11, 12 and Dec. 9.  Keep checking here for all the updates shows.  Watch out Cedar Bluffs, NE, St. Joe, MO, Topeka, KS, and Des Moines, IA.  That's four states worth of Rock n Roll mayhem.  Don't forget to tune in to my radio show also called HAIR IN THE AIR this Saturday at 10 PM CST on 101.9 The Keg.
 - - Sam Spade

To The 3D In Your Face Army
Many of you have wondered and asked many questions in regards to 3D In Your Face and The Midnight Devils. Let me help shed some light on this and hopefully answer some of these questions.

I am fortunate to have three very talented musicians working with me in 3D In Your Face. These guys are so talented and driven that they have also formed The Midnight Devils to continue expressing, exploring and performing music in the Midwest. Not just some of the greatest 80s music, but also to explore other avenues of music . Yes, they love performing for you that much.

I completely and whole heartedly support The Midnight Devils in everything they do. This is great news for fans of 3D, as it now means there will be more opportunities for you to enjoy your favorite music and band members. It also gives our fans a greater variety of music and entertainment.

While I love performing for our fans every week, due to my personal schedule and other obligations it makes performing EVERY week an extreme challenge for me. Some of you know that my family is now in Parker, Colorado and it is more difficult to spend time with them being so far away.

 3D In Your Face was formed 18 years ago to create an incredible production and event at every show. In order to meet those demands, a great deal of time goes into preparation, crew, equipment and the performance. I will and shall continue to do 3D In Your Face shows with my talented band mates, but only when we can meet these standards. Many of our fans came to see us perform every single weekend. They made long road trips, financial and personal costs, and are committed to the success of the band. Words cannot express how deeply honored I feel and I do not take that commitment lightly, and I can tell you neither do the rest of the 3D band and crew. The belief in the band and our fans commitment is the reason why 3D In Your Face has performed for 18 years and will still continue to do so.

As for Alan King Aka Hotrod. I am spending some time with my friends and family and also some time recording and exploring my talent. I am also very excited preparing for the upcoming 3D  In Your Face shows.  Nov 18-19 Friday AND Saturday at the 21st Saloon on 96th and Lst in Omaha, NE.  This will be the return to many, many friends, family, and fans. In honor of this return, the rest of the guys and I have agreed that it will be something bigger, crazy and more spectacular than any of the previous 160 shows at the 21st Saloon. Months of prep and planning have been going into this event. And this will be an EPIC show miles above and beyond anything you have ever seen before. This return will also include the release of our new video for the new single “Baptized by the Radio” from our 5th original CD “Lost in the Volume”. If there was a weekend to be sure and see 3D In Your Face, Nov 18-19 will be the weekend. One night or both, if you are reading through this then you are required to attend!

I look forward to spending time with the 3D In Your Farce fans and friends very soon, and yes there is a good chance you may also find me at an upcoming Midnight Devils show.

“Be safe, be happy, and don’t let anybody make you afraid.” (David Coverdale)

Hotrod (Alan King)


No comments:

Post a Comment