Hello my friends. Welcome to Hair In The Air, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face. Our studio sessions are in full swing and we have been buried in the recording of this new album. If you have kept up with our videos on Facebook then you know progress is being made. As I write this today we have five rhythm tracks in the can (that's finished drums, bass, and rhythm guitar). This week we are back at it again to hopefully finish all 11 songs. We still have a mountain to climb but the summit is within our reach. As advertised this Friday, March 10th we will be playing our 150th show at The 21st Saloon. Can you really believe it's been 150 shows? It just feels like yesterday that we started this our residency run. This Friday's party is going to be a celebration like only 3D In Your Face knows how to throw. OVER-THE-TOP. We have met so many people because of this amazing run of shows at The 21st Saloon. We have made life long friendships and have so many amazing memories that I could write a book. One of the coolest things about all these shows is that we grew as a band and as a team. Not just the four guys on stage but the crew and all the fans that work behind the scenes and out in the streets. To say it's legendary is to put it lightly. In my mind The 21st Saloon is home and Friday nights are something more than I can put into words. Good, bad, and ugly it's always something I look forward to each week. I love hearing your memories about The 21st Saloon. So please comment below and let me know what this place means to you. All comments welcome. Saturday and Sunday we will be locked away in 3D Studios so not much action. For all those die-hards please tune in to my radio show also called HAIR IN THE AIR on Saturday night at 10 pm on 101.9 the Keg. One last thing don't forget next Thursday is my birthday and we will be celebrating all week long. Get some rest dolls, it's about to get bumpy.
Not to diminish from this Friday's show but last week I promised a two part Midnight Devils blog. If you are just joining us The Midnight Devils are a new acoustic project Sniper and I have put together in order to keep touring when the full band isn't able too. Small town dive bars and back alley saloon's across the Midwest have provided us with some of the wildest adventures. Nicknamed Christopher Columbus Rock N Roll, we are the explores searching for something. Thank you for all the love and support from the 3D In Your Face Army to all the bar owners that have taken a chance on us. We are ready for a wild summer. Before there was actual blogging I started logging the shows my old band Officially Terminated did. If you want a good laugh check out our first 100 shows. So for prosperity's sake I have compiled a list of all The Midnight Devils' first tour shows. Someday we will be able to look back and actually remember the things we did.
The Midnight Devils Debut Tour 2015/2016
1. The Barley Street - Omaha, NE 09-24-15
-First show ever. We went on first on a three band line up. We had five songs and played to Diane and the other bands. We both had a liberating feeling just walking up with two guitars and playing . No money made but it didn't matter. Battery died during the set. A sign of things to come.
2. The Chrome Lounge - Omaha, NE 09-24-15
3. The Down Under - Omaha, NE 09-26-15
4. The 21st Saloon - Omaha, NE 09-26-15
-Home bar. Scott was kind enough to let us jam our small set to a few people. Still working out the kinks. Had a blast.
5. DC's Waterhole - Plattsmouth, NE 10-03-15
-First real show with close to ten songs. Big crowd and the first real response. It was all down hill after this show.
6. RD's Place - Fremont, NE 10-10-15
-Didn't bring microphone stands. The bar owner had to duct tape two pool cues to street cones for the show to happen. Good crowd. Great response. The beginning of the Christopher Columbus Rock N Roll adventures.
7. Kross Eyed Kricket - Odell, NE - 10-17-15
- We drove two and a half hours to play an hour set. It was tough. The guys in the bar thought it was funny to fart right next to the stage. You have to love the small town. First night we witnessed a mess of cute girls walk in right after we finished our last song.
8. Fremont Mall Monster Walk - Fremont, NE 10-24-15
- Held babies for a photo booth. Judged a Halloween Costume contest. Played Rock N Roll in the Fremont Mall. Ate hot dogs afterwords. Job well done.
9. The Backroom - Glenwood, IA 10-31-15
- Gun Shop, Gas Station, Bar. Halloween costume contest, Kaitlyn Jenner costume took home the big win.
10. RD's Place - Fremont, NE 11-7-15
11. Crescent Roadhouse - Crescent, IA 11-14-15
- Big snow storm came through the week before. We walk in the bar all the farmers walk out. First time on the Casey's Pizza binge.
12. Big Red Inn -Salem, NE 11-25-15
-Thanksgiving show. Haunted bar. Amazing crowd. Dead hooker ghosts. Christopher Columbus Rock N Roll.
13. DC's Waterhole - Plattsmouth, NE 11-28-15
14. Groovy's Pub - Oakland, NE 12-05-15
- Great little bar that took a big chance on us. My sisters town. Great response had to really work them over. Big fight by Diane and Sniper in the the middle of the street. Quit ride home.
15. 12-12-15 ??????
16. Spruce Street Tavern - Valley, NE 12-19-15
17. Down Under Lounge - Omaha, NE 12-26-15
-Big Omaha debut but kind of a let down. Great bar but dirty hipsters weren't into the Rock N Roll. Both guitars broke that night.
18. RD's Lounge - Fremont, NE - 12-31-15
19. Groovy's Pub - Oakland, NE 01-02-16
20. The Faucet - Grand Island, NE 01-16-16
-Drove two and half hours in a snow storm to make the show. Christopher Columbus Rock N Roll. Great crowd of rowdy GI fans. Lot's of screaming in the bar due to the playoff game. Fun show.
21. The Rail - Beatrice, NE 01-30-16
- Great show. Rough bar. Lot's of small town hatred towards the makeup wearing dudes in tight jeans.
22. Cheers - Dow City, IA 02-06-16
-Sam Malone and Woody tending bar in the big city. Heavy weight champions of the world.
23. DC's Waterhole - Plattsmouth, NE 02-13-16
24. Ralston Arena - Omaha, NE 02-20-16
- Big speaker system. Swanky dressing room. Moon Pies and Ring Pops. Gotta love them Roller Girls
25. Sneaky Pete's - Omaha, NE 02-20-16
- Big Omaha debut number two. Much much better. Great dirty Rock N Roll club in South Omaha. Sniper forgot the mics so we went on a little late. This may be our Omaha bar.
26. Willard's - Steinhauer, NE 02-27-16
-Last show of the tour. Bittersweet. 2 and half hour set. Free little smokies. Giant stuffed bear and dear in the bar. Christopher Columbus Rock N Roll