The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Thursday, February 18, 2016

A Cryptic Premonition.

Hello everybody and welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  As a good buddy of my always says "Big doin's goin' on this weekend".  I am so extremely excited to let you know about what we got in store for you starting on Friday.  We are back in action, live, uncut, and definitely uncensored this Friday, Feb 19th at The 21st Saloon.  The VIP Table is still available for reservation for this show and I don't want you to miss out on all the fun.  Saturday Feb. 20th is going to be huge.  First of all we start off with album rehearsals and now I can tell you if everything goes as planned we are slated to hit the studio in two weeks to cut the follow up to "The Midnight Devils" Album.  Speaking of The Devils, our acoustic project also called The Midnight Devils will be making a huge special guest appearance this Saturday at The Ralston Arena.  We will be opening The Omaha Roller Girls bout and we will also be playing at halftime.  After the debauchery on four wheels is over we move the party to Sneaky Pete's Saloon in Omaha.  The Midnight Devils will be doing a full extended set for our debut at Sneaky Pete's and we need your help.  We want to make a big impression on this bar so we are asking all of The 3D In Your Face Army to come out and show us some love.  This is going to be a close intimate Rock N Roll party with loads of singing and wild shenanigans.  If you can't make any of this weekends festivities please tune in to my radio show HAIR IN THE AIR, Saturday night at 10 PM CST on 101.9 The Keg.  It's the heartbreak's edition of the show.
Photos by Geraldography

I'm not going to say to much about this but the faithful readers will get this "Lost In The Volume", a premonition of things to come.  Last weekend I had the great privilege of seeing one of the bands that started it all for me.  I remember listening to this band when I was around 10 years old and loosing my mind, not knowing at the time I would actually get to meet these heroes of mine.  This band and their music has impacted me personally almost more than any other band besides KISS.  I was there a mere 5 feet away from one of the biggest bands in the history of the world and yet it felt as if they were playing for me.  I was surrounded by 20,000 people and yet I felt like I was all alone.  I was moved spiritually by the music and at the time I felt as if that was the closest to heaven I had come.  Maybe that sounds silly but I don't care.  This entire musical adventure we are all on revolves around moments of pure and utter joy, nothing else.  For that brief moment nothing else matters.  Your troubles and worries are gone, there's no drama, there's no tension, and there is no suffering.  "Lost" doesn't even begin to describe it.  I was welling up with  tears by the sheer volume and the songs that the band were playing.
Photos by Geraldography

On Sunday, Feb 14th I saw AC/DC live and I'm not sure I have ever seen a band perform better.  It was a concert that I will never forget.  It was one of those Rock N Roll moments that hangs with you and that you strive to attain again.  The songs themselves made me proud to have followed this path, they brought back great memories of my younger years, and most of all they were played to perfection.  Very rarely do you get to go see a show and know every word to every song and I think with a band like AC/DC, it didn't really matter what they played.  It doesn't matter that I was hoping they'd play this song or that song, even though I've heard "Highway To Hell" a million times I've never heard it played like that.  The air was so heavy with energy that it made me shudder.  The band and the crowd seemed to mold together and for a brief two hour moment we were locked in a celebration of life and of Rock N Roll.  I can begin to express my gratitude and my appreciation.  There aren't enough words.  Maybe someday when this all come back around.........................

Always Loud
Forever Proud

Love
Sam Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment