The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Baby The Best Is Yet To Come

Hello Rock Fans and welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  So much is happening and this is supposed to be our two weeks off from the tour.  I can't help but love all the action and excitement.  For those just catching up to recent online developments, we have officially found our new drummer.  Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control we are going to wait until the time is right to announce the name of our new member.  As with everything else we have done we want to do this right and we want to do this big.  Give me a week or so and we will be launching the new tour and revealing the new lineup of 3D In Your Face.  (We need time for a photo shoot).   For now we have begun full scale rehearsals this week to train Drummer X.  Not to psyche him out but he has a little under one month to learn over 30 songs with the beginnings and endings. He will then be thrust into the circus that is this band.  He then will be swooped up by The 3D In Your Face Army and his life will never be the same.  OK maybe that was a little over dramatic but I honestly can't wait to show you what we have been working on.  So for this week I don't have any show announcements except for next weeks show on Saturday, Sept 5th for Septemberfest at The CenturyLink Center Parking Lot.  This will be Dax's farewell show and will be a very bittersweet evening.  Also don't forget to listen to my radio show this Saturday, also called Hair In The Air, at 10 PM CST on 101.9 The Keg.

I hate this feeling of limbo because I am usually the first person to blurt out the good news.  I can't help it I want to feed you.  The goal is to get the timing and planning together first before we rush into this.  To be honest with you people I was pretty nervous going into the auditions that we wouldn't find the right guy.  I know there is nothing you can do and the when the cards fall you have to play the hand you are dealt but we totally were blown away by the very first guy that auditioned.  I can't say enough that he came in prepared.  He knew every song we called out and even suprised us with a few tough ones.  He downloaded our original tunes, we played those, and then we just sat back and talked.  It was amazing to talk to a guy that shares the same passion for glam rock, hair metal, and just Rock N Roll in general.  The vibe was there but I kept very quite during the entire audition so as not to come off to eager.  I was ready to go right then and there but I knew I had to play it cool.  The rest of the guys have been through this process many more times than I have and I figured maybe there was something to be learned by just sitting and watching it all go down.  I'll say this until I am blue in the face but the other guys in the band are always great to learn from.  I just have to remember that everything I am going through they have gone through too, except faster and louder.  Grab a pencil and a pad of paper you might want to take notes.

To say we are starting a new chapter is to minimise everything that is happening right now in this band.  We are taking the next steps that will determine the next year or two of our careers.  It's not something I want to take lightly but it's something I am excited to dive right into.  It's a shame that the new album will be pushed back but I truly feel the extra time will give us a chance to deliver a better album.  These next few weeks of rehearsals will be the true test but I don't think we have anything to worry about and I know you have nothing to worry about.  We have always prided ourselves on delivering you one of the highest quality Rock N Roll shows out there and this will never change.  I think most of all I am excited to see your jaws hit the floor when we come out on stage for the first time.  I am excited to see the floors fill up with people smiling right back at us.  I am excited to share it all again with you.  It's been said before but "Baby, the best is yet to come."

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

Sam Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment