The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

How Far Can We Push It.

Hello everybody and welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  I don't even have to tell you how amazing this week in 3D In Your Face history has been.  If you don't know we released our brand new video for our second single "In Your Face" from our Midnight Devils album.  After only a few days the response has been overwhelming and we truly can't thank you enough.  This was our gift to you the loyal 3D In Your Face Army.  We are so very proud and honored to be surround by an amazing group of people.  We wanted a way to give back and I think this is it.  If you have watched the video already let me know what you think.  Leave a comment.  Give a 'Like'.  If you haven't yet watched the video.  CMON!  Here it is as Aerosmith would say "Just push play".
Thank you to all the radio stations, DJs, web sites and zines, bloggers, friends, family, and all of your heavy metal monsters all over the world for sharing this video and making this a huge success.  Keep up the good work and push this thing as far as you can.  It's up to you now.  

We will be playing two shows this week.  The first is a FREE, all ages show Thursday, May 15th at Dillon Brothers Harley Davidson in Omaha.  This is a bike show/car show (and not the other way around).  Gather the family we will be playing 5:30 -8:30 PM.  Great food and prizes as well as tickets will be given away for the sold out Rockfest show happening at Westfair.  Friday, May 16th we are returning to The 21st Saloon for the first night of the end of our winter/spring residency.  That's right kiddies, after roughly 8 months of playing every Friday night we only have two more shows left before we leave for our summer tour.  This week Spotlight Formal Wear will be sponsoring the show.  I want to write something very sentimental about The 21st Saloon but I will save that for next week.

When I set out to write this weeks blog, much like most weeks I was completely stumped and had no idea what to write about.  This is the way things work.  But luckily I started thinking and the thinking got me to wondering.  I was wondering "Am I doing this right?" "Are we as a band headed in the right direction?"  "What is supposed to happen next?"  "I know that we need to take another step but what is that step and how do we get there?".  These are the questions that plaque my sleepless nights.  The bad thing is that there is no blue print or go to answer for any of these questions.  For a long time now we have been running on raw gut emotion.  Every decision we have been making has been made because we feel strongly one way or the other.  The stress is always there and is always pilling up.  Heading into the end of our residency and the beginning of our summer tour, I keep wondering if I have done everything right for us to make this a success.  But to be honest with you almost everyday I have to force myself to take a step back and look and the progress we have made thus far as an independent band swimming against the current.  Every move we make is a fight and trust me I am always ready for that fight.  Sometimes I forget to just relax and enjoy the moment.  I forget to appreciate not being out on the road or at a gig.  I forget to appreciate my friends and loving family around me.  I had a great friend o mine tell me last week to "Be careful and take it slow".  These words have been lost on me since I was 16 but they are truer now then ever. If you let it this stress will get to you and this stress will eat you up inside.  The always wondering of "what if?".  There is nothing wrong with working hard but at some point you must enjoy life and enjoy the fruits of all your hard work.  3D In Your Face has been my driving force in sobriety, in creativity, in life and I am thankful for all the people that have become apart of this amazing family.  You people are my inspiration.  You people drive my creativity.  And you people keep me sober.  So just for today "Be careful and take it slow".  Take a step back and let it all go.  It will be there waiting for you when you return.  

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

KEEP THE FAITH
ROCK N ROLL FOREVER

SPADE

No comments:

Post a Comment