The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

OHH! Off The Top Rope! The People's Champ.



My blog friends HELLO! Welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  Before we get started on the good stuff I want to thank my good friend Chappy for the amazing blog last week while I was on vacation.  Funny thing is Chappy's blog got around 200 views which is incredible.  No pressure here.  I am happy to be back in action.  I missed you wild animals out there in blog land.  This is a very big week for the band.  This week marks nearly the month anniversary of our new release "Midnight Devils".  The reviews have been great.  People seem to be loving the songs and the CDs are flying off our merch table and eBay store everyday.  This is a huge compliment and I am very humbled.  Wednesday we have been invited back to The Jim Santora Rockcast Triple Threat.  If you missed all the action last week, I will catch you up to speed.  The Triple Threat matches three independent bands against each other and the fans vote for their favorites ultimately deciding a winner.  Last week you big haired-metal maniacs brought the trophy back home to Omaha.  3D In Your Face is currently the reining champion and Wednesday night at 7 PM CST we will be going up against two more hungry bands.  Only the strong shall survive.  Tune in here, listen, and vote.  Beware the action is quite intense.  Friday Jan, 17th we are returning back to The 21st Saloon for another Friday Night Party presented by our fine sponsor Party Express Bus Nebraska.  I have heard rumors that some of our wild Grand Island fans are making the trip.  Heads up OPD.  Saturday night we have the great opportunity to be the official music for The Magnum Pro Wrestling Event held at The Fireman's Union on 60th and Grover in Omaha.  Not only will we be arriving in style via Party Express Bus Nebraska but we will also have a booth set up and we will be selling our new album "Midnight Devils" along with shirts, koozies, and guitar picks.  Half of each ticket price will be going to help raise awareness for muscular dystrophy as well as $2 from each CD we sell.

This brings us to the goods this week.  I know it may come as a shock to you, and trust me I tried to hide it well for a long time, but I am a huge pro wrestling fan.  Maybe not as big a fan as some, but I am a fan none the less.  Looking back to 7th or 8th grade I have very fond memories of my buddies and I getting together every Monday night at 7 PM for WCW Monday Nitro.  I never missed a match.  At that time I wasn't 100% sure if professional wrestling was real or fake.  Realizing later on that it wasn't so much fake but choreographed didn't change my attitude for this great sport.   Think about if you will Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, The Giant, Sting, Rey Mysterio, I could go on forever.  I was enthralled by the action and suspense.  Week in and week out we were united under a common goal of getting jacked up on Mountain Dew and watching our favorite wrestling stars wipe the floor with their opponents.  That even spilled out into the back yard.  We perfected each move and submission hold on the backyard trampoline.  The Fremont State Lakes turned into a Wrestle-mania that never ended.  More times than not my brother wound up on the short end of a German Suplex.
Did I forget to mention there is ladder match.  #COUNTIT
This was all before girls and before I discovered the power of Rock N Roll.  It doesn't surprise me now looking back that my favorite wrestler was Sting, the face painted scorpion of pain.  Sting was dark and ominous and felt no pain.  I had the shirts and posters and even painted my face like sting for Halloween one year.  This Saturday's Magnum Pro Wrestling event will be my first actually wrestling event that I will witness from the seats.  I am beyond myself with excitement and unbelievable honored to have our new album played before the stars walk out into the squared circle.  I'm brought back to a very honest place where nothing else mattered except making it to my buddies house before the first match started. I think in another life I would have liked to be a professional wrestler.  Trust me I realize the work and discipline these guys put in day in and day out but when you are passionate about something what is going to stop you.  If you see me on Saturday night smiling like an 8th grade boy just remember that we were all there once.  As much as you don't want to admit it you love professional wrestling too.

Friday Jan. 17th we are back at The 21st Saloon for another Friday Night of destruction with our great sponsor Party Express Bus Nebraska.  The shows have been amazing and every week they keep getting better and better.  Keep up the good work and spread the word.  Saturday, Jan 18th like I said before 3D In Your Face will be attending The Magnum Pro Wrestling event at The Firefighters Union Hall in Omaha.  Please don't forget about my radio show HAIR IN THE AIR, Saturday Night at 8 PM on The Big O 101.9 FM.  Send me a like and let me know what you would like to hear.

KEEP THE FAITH

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

ROCK N ROLL FOREVER

SPADE

1 comment: