The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Do You Have The Energy?

HAIR IN THE AIR!  HAIR IN THE AIR!  HAIR IN THE AIR!  Welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  You know you wanted it and I am here to give it to you hard, loud, and fast.  There are a lot of things on my plate as we enter into this new fall season and as this is my blog and you are the people reading it, I want to unload a little of what's going on in our world.  Before we get into the meat and potatoes I want to thank everyone that came out to the 21st Saloon to help us celebrate Octoberfest.  A big thank you to The German American Society of Omaha.  We had a blast.  The show keeps getting better and I am more and more excited to show off how far we have come over the last year.
This Friday, Oct. 11th we will be teaming up with Bikers For Boobies at The 21st Saloon.  Sierra from Sadoo Clothing helped create 50 custom 3D In Your Face pink ribbons to help support breast cancer awareness.  Each ribbon will be for sale at our merchandise table this Friday only.  
Energy remains the name of the game.  We are constantly crafting and creating a show that the 16 year old versions of us would be proud of.  I remember way back in the VFW club in Fremont, NE seeing bands and having my mind blow.  That right there is whats it's all about.  That raw unbridled Rock N Roll energy.  The danger, the destruction, and those pure emotions.  I could care less if there are 10 people sitting in front of me or 1,000.  I want to feel that music deep deep down.  As a musician I am constantly chasing those goosebumps that happen at that magical moment on stage.  That moment when the band is kicking and screaming in unison and all the cylinders are firing to one single motion.   I am there to give each and every person that came to watch us play a damn good rock n roll performance.  No ifs, ands, or buts (even if those butts are tasteful decorated with the KISS logo).  I am there to prove that Rock N Roll is still alive.  Energy.  Energy.  The word keeps dancing around my head.  It's something that I never got from drinking or doing drugs.  It's something that is completely different and even harder to define.  That pure Rock N Roll energy and the search for it.  It comes right down to the way the music makes us (as in the band and the crowd) feel.  The emotions that the music triggers.  I can't help but jump up and down when we bust into an AC/DC song.  It's a primal instinct that courses through my blood.  Energy.  Energy.  I can talk all day about it but until you truly let go and feel it you will never understand.
Chappy, Spade, and The Playboy pre-flight during "Thunderstruck".
I am so very excited to announce a brand new partnership we have entered into.  3D In Your Face would like to official welcome Party Express Bus Omaha to the family.  Party Express Bus will be handling all of our extracurricular activities in and around the Omaha area.  The best part about this whole partnership is that I actually got a chance to sit down with Joe, the owner of Party Express Bus.  Joe turned out to be one of the nicest down-to-earth guys I have ever met.  We chatted for a good hour about music and our future partnership.  It was like talking with an old friend but better.  Two days later Sniper, Chappy, Susan, and I found our self on The Ambassador (a convert city transit bus) cruising Omaha on our own personal promotional tour.  I would like you all to welcome Joe, his wife Alyshia, and Party Express Bus to the 3D In Your Face family.  Get two more Bandito hats because we have some additions to the roster.  A special thanks to Susan from Omaha Local Music Promotions.  Thanks Joe and Alyshia, we are very excited to be working with one of the best in the business.
Thanks to Chasta for the great pics of Sniper and Hot Rod.  3D In Your Face live Saturday Oct. 12th in Lincoln at Barry's.
I know I am getting a little long winded here but I have to throw this in too.  Friday Oct. 11th we are proud to announce we will be teaming up with The Bikers for Boobies for a beat breast cancer show at The 21st Saloon.  There will be giveaways, bobbing for boobies, and even a reverse wet t-shirt contest all hosted by our good friend DJ House.  That's right a reverse wet t-shirt contest.  Instead of the women up there on the stage we are inviting the males to show off what the got under the hood and three lucky women will get to determine the winners.  This will be a photo opportunity you wont want to miss.  Two rounds with the winner taking home the title of Best Chest in The Midwest.  All proceeds will be going to Inner Beauty Salon at Methodist Hospital   Saturday, Oct. 12th we will be invading Lincoln, NE again.  We will be playing a one night only special performance at Barry's in The Haymarket.  Rumor has it that we will be playing in the ice bar known as 10 Below inside of Barry's.  I can't wait to see all of my Lincoln friends out and ready to ROCK SOME FACES OFF.  Are you ready for a fun weekend?

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

ROCK N ROLL FOREVER BABY!

SPADE

P.S.  Thanks to the band Citrus Club.  You guys brought the party last Saturday night and I enjoyed every minute of it.  My favorite Lincoln band.

No comments:

Post a Comment