The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

You Get Your Palace.

Hello everyone and welcome again to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog for 3D In Your Face.  This blog has grown beyond my wildest dreams and I want to thank each and every one of you for reading this and passing it along to all your friends.  We are about a month into this new year and things are looking bright for 3D In Your Face.  We are full steam ahead.  2013 is going to be the year of 3D In Your Face and Heavy Metal-Rock N Roll.  We have already booked a lot of our summer tour.  We will be hitting some of the same festivals we played last year as well as a bunch of new dates around the country, so be on the look out.  I am finalizing our guitar pick endorsement.  Soon we will supplied with real custom 3D In Your Face guitar picks.  Everyone is going to want one.  We are also putting the finishing touches on our residency at The 21st Saloon.  I know what you are thinking.  "Where did the time go?"  There are 17 more Friday night shows left before we start our summer tour.  So stop putting it off and get your ass to Omaha.  The last two weeks have been spectacular.  The crowds have been great and our goal is to make this Friday one for the record books.  I still have a goal to sell out the 21st Saloon before we leave in May.  You are running out of excuses for not coming to see 3D In Your Face at The 21st Saloon.
 Being that it is the end of January, I wanted to write something inspirational to get us all through these cold winter months.  Spring is almost here but we still have a few more months of winter to deal with.  The gym visits have been getting fewer and far between and the New Years resolutions seem like an impossible deal made with the devil.  Well I am here to give you a little push, a little nudge to keep forging ahead.  I want to get honest with you for a second.  I wont lie to all of you heavy metal maniacs.  I am an addict in the full sense of the word.  I have an addictive personality.  Granted I gave up the booze and drugs two wonderful years ago, but that doesn't change the fact I can't seem to moderate myself.  If I like something I am going all the way past 10, if you will to 11.  My new addiction is coffee.  I can't seem to get enough of the stuff.  I have traded my McCormicks Vodka bottle and PBR cans for a nice coffee mug with my name on it.  Doesn't hurt that the mug was given to me by an amazing 3D In Your Face fan.  Now coffee doesn't seem to be as Rock N Roll as Jack Daniels, but in all honesty it is.  I can now function in society instead of always working on last nights hang over.  I have made a list of goals for myself and for the band and work on these goals everyday that I can (I also may be addicted to working on band stuff, pick your battles).  I also find that I can move forward in my life in a positive direction.  Now I'm not saying that drugs and alcohol are bad, but for me they limited my creativity.  As an artist why on earth would you want to limit your creativity.   I look back now and realize that I was waiting for something great to happen to me.  Well good things aren't going to just fall into your lap.  You have to go get what you want.  To quote Cool Runnings again "Go ahead.  Get your palace."


A few few years back when Playboy first joined the band we played a few shows with his other band DI-FI.  Now these guys were seasoned rock veterans but they had never been out with 3D In Your Face before.  Challenge excepted.  Before Jason was our tech I used to fill the guitar tech case full of beers so that I could drink on the side of the stage without having to buy beer at the bar.  The owners of the clubs would always come over to chat and I would have to hide a bunch of empties where ever I could so as not to get in trouble.  One fateful weekend DI-FI and 3D In Your Face were playing in Norfolk at The Depot and I took it upon myself to show these new guys how we partied.  We did the show, I may have fallen of the stage that night, and we drove back to the hotel to stay the night.  DI-FI checked into their rooms and started watching the video tape recording of their set.  I just couldn't have this.  We were a rock band on tour.  So I decided it would be real funny to knock on their doors at 3 AM.  I knew they wouldn't open the doors so I just dropped my pants and bent over and started yelling in the hotel hallway.  "Why wont you open the door?"  "Don't you like us?"  I thought we were friends?"  "I have a very important document for Mr. Jeremy Deans."  They look through the peep hole and were mortified but I thought it was the funniest thing ever.  Luckily we didn't get kicked out, that would come later.  I look back at this now and think, why would I have done this. I was a maniac but for all the wrong reasons.  Don't get me wrong I would still drop my pants and run through a hotel lobby, that's just plain funny.  But I wasn't focused on where I was at as a musician.  I put on such a lousy show.  All I was concerned with was how many beers I could fit in my tech case.  I am so thankful to be in 3D In Your Face and be surrounded by people that cheer me on.  I want that palace and I there is nothing that will stand in my way. .
This week I am so proud to say that we will be teaming up with The Make-A-Wish Foundation for our show at The 21st Saloon.  On Friday Jan. 25th at 9:30 pm we will be taking the stage to help raise money for this amazing organization   We have made so many friends over the last year and I am excited to be able to put this to good use.  Also we will be joined by some very special guest from out of town this Friday.  Hair I Go Again is a documentary being shot about a band named TRYXX that broke up more than 20 years ago. They are putting the band back together and ultimately shooting to get the opening spot for one of their heavy metal heroes.  The documentary crew will be making a stop in Omaha to the 21st Saloon to shoot some video and do an interview with us for their film.  So spread the word and get your asses down to the 21st Saloon this Friday night.  Where your Sunday's best because you never know if you will be in a movie.  Please help us spread the word and pack the 21st Saloon this Friday night.  Thank you again for reading this blog. I love you all.

ALL IN THE NAME OF ROCK.

HAIR IN THE AIR
SPADE

1 comment:

  1. Sam, you never fail to amaze and delight me with your wit, candor and amazing attitude! I am so very thankful that my friends turned me on to 3D - you all are "salt of the earth" kinda people. You COULD act like total Rock Gods but don't. I am proud to be an unofficial groupie!
    Keep on rockiin'- we will all roll with ya!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete