The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Reaching Out. Touching Me. Touching You.

Hello everybody and welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face and The Midnight Devils.  I would like to start this blog off by thanking each and everyone of you that came to the first Midnight Devils performance last week in Nebraska City, NE at Sandy's.  The out pouring of love and support was amazing.  After the show as I was driving back to Omaha alone I couldn't stop smiling about what had just happened a few hours before.  We came to town kicked some ass, blew up some fireworks, and played from-the-heart-and soul dirty Rock N Roll.  I know a lot of you couldn't make the show and were wishing us well from home and we thank you for that.  We truly believe in what The Midnight Devils are doing.  Our goal is clear now and we aim to take this as far as possible.  This weekend we aren't playing any shows which is very weird.  Instead we are getting things set up for the upcoming run of shows.  Tonight we will be shooting promo pictures for The Midnight Devils with photographer Corey Phillips at a historic abandoned rock bar in the Omaha area.  Sunday we will be shooting a music video for the second single off our new album Lost In The Volume.  Both of these things are huge for the band and we have put a lot of time and energy into the pre-production of these two events.  I will try and keep everyone updated with live video from the two shoots.  Go to www.facebook.com/themidnightdevils and www.facebook.com/3dinyourfaceband and follow us on this journey.  Last but not least you can still get your fix of hairy glam rock n roll by tuning into my radio show HAIR IN THE AIR, Saturday night at 10 PM CST on 101.9 The Keg.  You can also add The Midnight Devils on Instagram at @the_Midnight_Devils and 3D In Your Face at @3dinyourface.  

Last night I was asked by a great friend of mine and former guitar tech Sean of the Dead to come by and sing with his punk rock band at a show in Omaha featuring The Vibrators, veteran UK punk rockers.  It was a thrill to jump up on stage and sing two songs totalling 3 minutes all together.  The Vibrators played a uncompromising blend of rock n roll that really got my gears going.  It made me look at The Midnight Devils in a whole new light.  We aren't a punk rock band but I feel that we are taking elements of punk rock, old school glam, and hair metal and creating a style of music that is unique.  I keep using the phrase "from-the-heart" because I'm not quite sure how to put a label on what we are doing.  I'm not really sure we know what we are doing.  It's not Bon Jovi and it's not The Ramones but it meets somewhere in the middle.  The Vibrators had that unique sound and style that made me smile from ear to ear and gave me goosebumps for their entire set.  It was rock n roll no labels no bullshit.  That's exactly what we want for this band.  No rock star nonsense, no egos, and no agendas.  We are the guys in the trenches slugging it out at the tough shows because we've got nothing else to lose.  It's what we do best.

I was talking to Corey Phillips about this upcoming photo shoot and The Midnight Devils and I told him I thought this band was going to be a "Revolution".  Maybe revolution is the wrong word but I feel that it's going to bring about change.  People want honest music from guys that are going through the same hardships in life that everyone else is.  I love KISS more than any other band but Paul Stanley doesn't know what it's like playing to a half empty club on a Thursday night pouring his heart out into every song.  In the end it's not about the style of music we play it's about the emotions that are conveyed on stage or through the stereo. It's the songs that touch people.   I think above all that's the thing that is going to win every time.  It's not about playing the hits.  We've been down that road and I still love playing "Rock N Roll All Nite".  It's got to be more about touching people with the Midnight Devils story.  It's about reaching that raw nerve that gives you the goosebumps.  Easier said than done in a club full of people that want to hear Poison songs but I truly believe it can be accomplished.  Corey told me that everything happens for a purpose.  Sniper and I felt like taking on The Midnight Devils was like jumping out into dark water.  Now, I realize that that jump needed to happen in order for us to get to where we want to go.  It's hard to see when you are in the thick of it.  Without the help of certain people talking us of the proverbial ledge I don't think any of this would be possible.  "Unrest in the Midwest" is more than just a clever name it actually means that we are looking for change and on our own terms that change is going to happen.

Always Loud
Forever Proud

Sam Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment