The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Friday, April 8, 2016

Happy Birthday Sniper. Death Stare From A Guy Wearing Purple Eye Shadow

Hello everybody.  Welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official blog of 3D In Your Face.  Things are starting to get exciting around here.  If you haven't noticed the influx of videos around our social media pages.  That only means one thing, we are getting close to releasing our new album.  Word on the streets is that Troy Way has finished mixing the album.  He has a couple more weeks to get everything sounding perfect while we finish up the art and layout.  So be patient things are starting to look promising.  I'm not going to say I can see the light just yet.  Wait until after the photo shoots.  This week is huge, on Friday April 8th we will be celebrating Sniper's birthday at The 21st Saloon.  A big dirty Rock N Roll birthday bash and everyone is coming.  Here's a little secret, he likes The Vikings and Van Halen.  Go now and get him a gift or at least just show up Friday night and wish him "many more".  Saturday April 9th we will be heading to Wayne, NE for one of the absolute wildest shows we do all year long.  I've said it many times but this show is like a street brawl mixed with booze, college rugby players, and Rock N Roll.  Prepare yourself for an enchanting evening of sweat fueled toga madness.  1,800 people will descending on Riley's Convention Center with one main goal in mind, to have as much fun as humanly possible in one night.  The best part about this whole show is that it's free to get in if you are wearing a toga and print of the coupon below.  We will be bring Gerald Glaza our new photographer along for the ride.  He will be shooting photo's for that will be featured in the new album for the world to see.  So dress to impress but make sure you do as The Roman's did.  If you can't make the toga party tune in to my radio show also called HAIR IN THE AIR, Saturday night at 10 PM only on 101.9 The Keg.

I'm so excited to be celebrating my best buddies birthday this week.  It's always the beginning of a rocket ride of a summer tour.  Goal for this summer is very simple, spend as much time on the road as possible, see as many people as we can, and have some kick ass adventures along the way.  Everything is lining up with the album and The Midnight Devils "Radio Riot" Tour.  Sniper's birthday is really the kick off to this all.  We have been through thick and thin together for the last 5 years.  It's been a battle and I think we have won more than we have lost.  Facing adversity with your best friend standing right beside you is a great feeling.  We are both have the same hunger and the same drive and that makes things a hell of a lot easier.  Playing in band with Sniper has been a life changing decision that I want really prepared for.  He demands respect, for the music, for the band, and for the performance.  Anything less than professional is not acceptable.  The best part is that he has the skill and experience to back this up.  I have learned so much from sharing a stage with this guy.  We have become "The Terror Twins" and that suits me just fine.  I needed a road dog, someone to push me farther than I could push myself.  We have a pact "No matter how you feel, sick, tired, sad, or mad if you aren't laying in a hospital bed than you need to be giving %100 on stage".  No short cuts.  We don't miss rehearsals.  We aren't late to meetings (that one is a bit harder for me).  We strive to be the band that does things better than any other band.  All of these principles I never had in any other band I was in.


Celebrating Sniper's birthday is like celebrating the awesome power of Rock N Roll.  I found a kindred spirit.  A guy that loves KISS and Elvis just as much as I do.  A guy that has given up just as much if not more than me just to play guitar in a kick ass Rock N Roll band.  I've written blogs about his past service in the military and that is nothing to brush aside either.  I am proud to be in a band with a guy that fought for our country.  I love the stories on the bus late at night.  Sniper is an American Hero to say the least.  I've never met anyone more dedicated to his craft.  He practises the guitar 24/7.  There's never an off day because "There's always something to learn".  In a world of hacks, wanna-be's, and losers, Sniper is head and shoulders above the rest.  Sure we fight like brothers but in the end I can always say that it leads to something better.  I couldn't think of another person I would rather have standing next to me on stage.  The best moments are when some guy in the front row decides he wants to fuck with one of us onstage.  It becomes a no-holds-barred hardcore match us verse them and Sniper is right in the middle.  I wouldn't want to be on the other end getting the death stare from a guy wearing purple eye shadow.  Happy birthday to my "Terror Twin".  I still have a lot left in the tank so it's full speed ahead from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment