The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Thursday, June 25, 2015

A Low-Quality Youtube Video Will Never Do Justice To The Real Thing

Hello everybody and welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  We are only one week away from the Fourth of July.  Summer is officially in full swing and our tour keeps rolling on from town to town.  I don't think I could ever get tired of this.  This is exactly what we train for.  This week we are heading to The Capital City, Lincoln, NE for not one but two amazing shows.  Friday, June 26th we are doing a full 21+ show at Cappy's Hotspot on 48th and Hwy. 2.  Cappy's is always a wild place to be not to mention their food kicks ass.  Saturday, June 27th we will be staying in town to play the first ever Bourbon Presents: Mud Jam Festival at the Abbott Sports Complex.  This will be a ninja warrior type of obstacle course plus mud.  All ages are welcome and I believe the Rock N Roll kicks off at 5 PM.  I believe The Hairy Banditos might need to make an appearance at this type of shindig, if you know what I mean.  Also don't forget about Hair In The Air Radio on Saturday night at 10 PM CST on 101.9 The Keg.  My show will be going on as the fireworks blast overhead in Lake Manawa, IA.  Pretty cool and way to celebrate the summer.  See you all on the road.

For this weeks blog I wanted to echo a sentiment that Mr. Sebastian Bach stated in The Sioux City Weekender last week.  We had the great pleasure of playing the Awesome Biker Nights Festival last Friday and we stuck around Saturday to watch Lita Ford and the ex-Skid Row front man destroy the entire festival with their Rock.  His statement was simply "Live in the moment".  Often times we are become buried in our phones, checking Facebook, taking selfies, and tweeting that we forget to enjoy what's happening around us.  This is something I notice more at concerts than anything and it seems more prevalent in this day than ever.  People are constantly holding up their phones taking pictures and video to post up later on social media.  It's almost like you are watching the concert through some guys phone that happens to be standing in front of you.  Riddle me this, are you ever really going to watch that shitty video you took from the fifth row?  Does the world really need to see the blurry pictures you took?  Well, I'm not hear to preach or tell you what to do.  I am hear though to remind you that you need to live the moment.  Enjoy the world happening right now.

On the other side of the coin, as a performer there is nothing more I love than people that take pictures at our show. I love when we walk out on stage and every one's jaws hit the ground.  I love seeing 1,000 pictures from Friday night.  I also realize that as soon as we walk out of that dressing room we are in the spotlight and everything we do or say is being recorded.  This is a theme that we preach at rehearsals and I believe every band should be aware of.  You may as well accept the fact that this performance will be on YouTube later tonight.  I am also completely alright with this.  As we sat there and marveled and got our faces rocked off by Sebastian Bach I was completely stunned by the fact that I right there in that moment I didn't hear any mistakes.  That's the beauty of Rock N Roll.  I had watched so many videos of Bach playing and was a little hesitant about what to expect.  I could not have been more wrong.  Baz ripped out every song with more charisma and more energy than any singer I have ever seen.  In that moment he was on top of his game.  He gave us the Rock N Roll show we were expecting and then some.  It just goes to show you that a low quality YouTube video really can never do justice to the real thing.  The weather was perfect, I was surrounded by some amazing friends and the Rock N Roll was running heavy through the streets of Sioux City.  It was one of those moments I will never forget.

Always Loud
Forever Proud

Sam Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment