The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The First Step.

Hello everybody and welcome back to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  We are officially celebrating Halloween this week on HAIR IN THE AIR.  Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and we can't wait to celebrate this Spook-Tacular festival with all of you this Friday night, Oct. 31st at The 21st Saloon.  Of course there will be costume contests and the party will rage deep into that dark dark night.  A Rock N Roll costume ball the likes of which you have never seen before.  A special thank you to everyone that came out last Friday.  To all those that traveled and busted their asses to get to our shows a special thank you.  Also to all of you that weren't feeling the best but still made it out the biggest thank you of all.  Thank you to everyone in Salem, NE and to the Big Red Inn for hosting a spectacular party.  We had a blast and can't wait to make it back to your neck of the woods again.  There's just something about a haunted bar with great coffee around Halloween that really gets me going.  This Saturday, Nov. 1st we will be taking the night off to support our brother Sniper as he plays a reunion show at The Chrome Lounge.  Join the rest of the boys as we hang out and relax while Sniper does the dishes.  It's almost as if we can't get enough of each other.  Hanging out on our day off.  That's a true family.  Also don't forget my radio show Hair In The Air, Saturday night at 8 PM on 101.9 The Keg.

This weeks blog is kind of a vent for me.  So if you don't mind indulging me I need to blow off some steam.  Now that summer is over usually this is when things seem to slow down.  Not the case and not that I even want things to slow down.  We are on a collision course with something big and I don't even know what it is.  I just keep putting my head down and plowing through the work like I own the place.  Shows are lining up and starting to come in for the summer.  We are making plans to shoot a new video and there is a ton of red tape that comes along with that.  I believe we are doing things that few other bands at our level are doing.  I am so proud and honored but I am also stressed out beyond belief.  For some reason I can't seem to get caught up.  This is mostly my fault as I hold myself to this unreal standard of writing, practicing, playing, networking, and still having a life outside of the band.  The work just never seems to get caught up.  I am one of those guys that thinks of something I need to get accomplished, writes it down on a list, and rarely ever gets back to it.  I have lists covering my desk of stuff I was supposed to do.  I always seem to run out of time in the day.  So to those I have forgotten to text back, message, or call I am sorry.  It's not that I don't love you I just plain and simply forgot.

The piece of advice I got today as I was having a nuclear melt down was only work on the stuff you can accomplish right now.  Another cup of coffee and I started to plow through my radio show, my interview, and my blog like a man on a mission.  There is no resting here.  I hold myself to this high standard but it's only because I have a dream and I know that I am going to have to fight tooth and nail everyday to accomplish that dream.  No one is going to hand it to you on a platter.  You are better off keeping your head down and you nose to the grind stone.  3D In Your Face has come a long way in the past year and I am so very proud of everything that we have accomplished but honestly I want more.  I am not ready to sit back and watch yet.  I am going to push even harder.  What can I accomplish right now?  I can accomplish any damn thing that I want to, except for finding my e-cig charger.  That thing is good and lost.  Tonight I am happy to say that I finished the new script for the video and that is something to be proud of.  The Hair In The Air Halloween special is written and I have my costume kind-of-ready for Friday's show.  It will all work out, I always have Thursday.  I want to leave you with this.  When that mountain looks unclimable, don't give up before you even take the first step.  Who knows maybe it isn't as steep as it looks and most likely you will find a friend that will help you along the way.

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

In memory of Jack Bruce, Cream 1943-2014.

Sam Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment