The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Birthday Celebration. HAIR IN THE AIR turns 1

Hello every one and welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog for 3D In Your Face.  I have a very special blog for you this week, but I say that every week.  This week HAIR IN THE AIR is celebrating it's one year birthday.  That's right one year ago today I decided that you people really didn't know enough about me and 3D In Your Face so you needed a weekly blog.  I actually was reading a book at the time about indie musicians and going along with the books advice I decided I needed my own blog.  After one whole year of blogging I have published 49 blogs, with 8,000 viewers from around the world including Germany, France, Russia and the UK.  My goal with this blog was simply to give you a first hand look at what we as a band go through on a week to week basis. I wanted HAIR IN THE AIR to be down-to-earth, no BS, and most of all fun. Although it takes a little time each week to write and publish these blogs, I have been very happy with the results.  Most of all I am happy to have made some new friends along the way.  Thank  you to each and everyone of you for all the love and support, for reading this blog, sharing it, and making it a success.  I couldn't do any of this without you.  I was thinking of pulling back my weekly blogs to twice a month after the first year but this has become such a huge part of my life I don't think I can do that to you.  HAHA. Blogger for life.

Enough about the past lets move right on to the good stuff.  Summer 2013 has come to an end and that means we need to shake things up a bit.  This Friday, Sept. 13th we are coming back home to Omaha and will begin our residency at The 21st Saloon.  Things have changed.  We are a year older and a year wiser and that means we have to step up our game for you.  Our goal as a band has always been to make our shows bigger, louder, and wilder than any other band out there (minus KISS).  For this new residency we are taking things to another level.  I know for a fact no other band in Omaha will be throwing a crazy party like this for their fans.  I just got the word from Hot Rod that a new lighting system has been placed inside of The 21st Saloon.  This word gets tossed around a lot but he simply said "Epic", when describing the new U-shaped crowd lighting. Also we spent most of our time off between tours learning a bunch of new songs.  We have roughly 12 new songs that we will be strategically implementing into our new show.  We will be playing song from the new record as well as some new cover tunes that I know you will like.

Along with the new lights and new stage show we will again be implementing a weekly sponsor in order to turn these Friday night shows into the kind of events you would expect from a 3D In Your Face show.  Our first sponsor is Chasta and Dave Cashatt (IN YOUR FACE!).  For their dedication and support they won the 21st Saloon Friday Night Road Show Contest.  They will be awarded the very first 3D In Your Face VIP table.  The new 3D In Your Face VIP table will be available starting Sept 27th.  For $100 you received front row seats, 6 guest passes, 12 drink tickets, a signed 8 x 10 and tour poster, and a meet and greet with the band before the show. If you add it up this is a smoking deal.  We will also be giving away two tickets to Bret Michaels at The Stir Cove on Sept. 13th.  My radio station The Big O 101.9 has been gracious enough to give us two free tickets and we want to give them to you.  All you have to do is sign up and be present to win.  The drawing will be on our second break right before the third set of the night.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHASTA.

In other news, my post last week about my ankle received the most views out of any blog I have ever written.  I'm not sure if it was the painted toe nails or the gruesome foot picture but thank you.  I really appreciate all the love and support.  I am well on my way to making a full recovery and I will certainly be ready for this Friday's show.  They keep telling me I have to take it easy but I know when those lights go down and those amps start humming that there will be no turning back.  A special thanks to my doctor for getting me back in fighting health.

I am also proud to announce that because of you the fans 3D In Your Face has been nominated for best cover band in The 2013 Omaha Arts and Entertainment Awards.  We will be attending the ceremony again and will be going full on HAIR IN THE AIR.  I will have more news and updates when I get them.  Thanks for all the votes.

Don't forget to check out my radio show of the same name HAIR IN THE AIR, every Saturday night from 8 pm to 10 pm on The Big O 101.9.  Please send me some of that facebook love baby.

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

ROCK N ROLL FOREVER
SPADE

No comments:

Post a Comment