The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Friday, February 17, 2017

The Best is Yet To Come - OEAA Bound

Hello everybody and welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official blog of 3D In Your Face and The Midnight Devils.  Could this be two blogs in a row?  For you my friends, anything.  The Midnight Devils have been hitting the road pretty hard the last few weeks.  We would like to thank the great people of Kearney for an amazing time and the private party in Chapman, NE totally blew us away.  That was a show were we new absolutely nobody and they welcomed us into their family with open arms.  Now I know it's been a while since we've been home or in the area so for some of you the only way to stay in touch is with this blog.  I am trying to be more diligent with my writing.  Tonight we head out again to Benevolent Studios in Hamburg, IA, just 45 miles south of Omaha and I-29.  We will be teaming up with Omaha punk rock legends Cordial Spew who have been slinging skate inspired punk rock anthems since the 80's.  Not to mention my AA sponsor happens to be their lead singer Jay Bacon.  Saturday we head to Lincoln, NE to a bar that has become our unofficial home Gray's Keg Saloon.  For this show we have PolyFaze opening up the festivities around 8:30 PM.  For the biggest news of all we have the first official The Midnight Devils t-shirts available in sizes S-2XL but we only have 35 so supplies are very limited.  We will have a link available as soon as the graphics come in from the designer.  As for the upcoming tour dates I should have everything update by the end of the weekend.  There are only a small amount of dates left going into August.  Right now we are looking for a show March 3rd and 17th and April 7th and 8th.  Watch for a massive summer concert announcement coming very soon.  Last but not least, I can't quite spill the beans yet but I am doing some overnight voice tracking on 101.9 The Keg in addition to my regular Saturday night show HAIR IN THE AIR.  If you missed this mornings show from 12 AM -3 AM tune in tonight at 12 AM again and catch my overnight shift.  The wheels are in motion.

This week 3D In Your Face is so honored to be heading back to the Omaha Entertainment and Arts Awards Ceremony on Sunday night.  This year we are actually closing the evening with an explosive celebration of "In Your Face" rock n roll.  I don't want to write the same blog I write every year but honestly I always think of this as one of the biggest honors a band from Omaha can get.  A nomination by our fans to represent them in front of the rest of the Omaha arts community.  It's a privilege and we don't take that lightly.  It's not about us this award has always been about you, our loyal fans, friends, and family.  The best part about this years OEAA experience has been the great friends we've already made along the way.  From the other great bands, to the promoters, to the talent, and the organizers I can safely say I'm proud as hell to be from this great state.  The first few times we lost the award I was absolutely torn up but I tried to keep it in check.  This year I already feel like I won the lottery, no trophy needed.  On top of all of this craziness, The Midnight Devils will be out for two nights and cap the weekend of with an award ceremony rock n roll bash.  That right there is the reason we keep going out for more.

I want to thank personally thank everyone that got us to this point.  I don't say it nearly enough but thank you to our fans for being the light in an often dark place, thank you to our families for being there even when we are off traveling around the country side,  thank you to all of you that have taken a chance on us and talked us through the rough patches.  That we can never repay.  I feel blessed and even as I write this I am smiling.  There's still a long road ahead of us.  There are a lot of things to get done, a lot of shows to book, a video to shoot, a trip to Rocklahoma, a new tour to plan, and a new album to write.  I know that with all of you standing in our corner pushing us forward we can accomplish these goals we have set out for ourselves.  I truly believe that the very best is yet to come.

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

Sam Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment