The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Friday, June 10, 2016

"Memphis Mile" - Original Demo Vs. Album Cut

Hello everybody and welcome to Hair In The Air, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  Summer is kicking up into full swing and we are right on the heals of something amazing.  The air is thick with excitement and baby it's time for a release.  This week the full band is off to recharge the batteries but Sniper and I aka. The Terror Twins have put together an amazing Midwest tour for The Midnight Devils.  This Friday we will be making our debut at a bar in Raymond, NE called The Ding A Ling Lounge.  This sounds exactly like my kind of place.  Saturday we will be hitting the streets of Omaha with our favorite hair salon Gloss Salon and Day Spa for a big taco fi4esta.  Then later that night we will be returning home to Sneaky Pete's Saloon for our first performance in Omaha since we ventured to that mystical land known as Rocklahoma.  It's time to catch up and see some friends we've missed over the last few crazy months.  Get out and enjoy the rock n roll.  We can't wait to see all of you real soon.  Our new album Lost In The Volume is now being shipped all over the world and I sure would hate for you to miss out on the action.  Order your copy today here https://3dinyourface.bandcamp.com/album/lost-in-the-volume, pay with Paypal, and have it on your doorstep in a few days.  That's service.  Our new album is also available on iTunes and wherever digital music is sold.  Trust me on this one, you wont regret a thing.  If you can't make either of the shows this week be sure and tune in to my radio show HAIR IN THE AIR, at 10 PM CST Saturday night only on 101.9 The Keg.  It's hot, it's sticky, and that's the way I like it.

Now for the good stuff.  I have actually been saving this blog for a little over a year now.  Back in 2015 when we were still writing for Lost In The Volume, I recorded my demo version of track 4 "Memphis Mile".  This was just me playing guitar and singing by myself alone in my apartment.  I had just finished the lyrics and this was the final take that I took to Sniper and the rest of the guys.  I thought it would be very cool to put the two versions side by side and see how the song changed over a year.  This song was probably one of the easiest to write and came very naturally.  Some say a follow up to 2013's "Bleed Betty Bleed", when in reality it's just us trying to right a dirty old Rock N Roll tune.  I can't remember the first night we played this but I remember being nervous as hell and to this day I still mess up the lyrics from time to time.  Check out these two tracks, the demo of "Memphis Mile" and the final album cut of the same song.
ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD
Sam Spade


1 comment:

  1. Wow it really evolved! But I can honestly say I like the original better! The melody is more distinct and doesn't sound rushed in the first one! I wish you had left in that "catch and scratchy" thing about 2/3 of the way through... Gives it a LITTLE anticipation and pause. But overall, it's an AWESOME song ! You definitely have some talent Sam!!!

    ReplyDelete