The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I'm To Far Into It and It Feels So Damn Good

Hello everybody and welcome to Hair In The Air, The Official blog of 3D In Your Face.  Always ready to take part in some Rock N Roll shenanigans.  Here we are heading into the fall, Halloween is right around the corner, and in a month it's time for turkey.  It seems like just yesterday we were sweating it out in the summer heat driving around the Midwest.  I honestly can't wait for some of that action in 2016.  So what's on the agenda for this weekend?  I have some very special events to announce.  First and most important 3D In Your Face will be at The 21st Saloon this Friday, Oct 24th for our Friday Night Residency.  Thank you so much to everyone that came out to last weeks show.  I know a lot you wild animals wanted to come but couldn't make the trip.  At least we know your hearts were with us as we set the night on fire.  This Friday is going to be another beast of a show.  We have some great stuff lined up for our pre-Halloween Bash.  Only $5 at the door and we hit the stage around 9 PM.  Saturday, Oct. 25th Sniper and I have been asked to be the special guest at The Monster Walk at The Fremont Mall in Fremont, NE.  This is an all ages event starting at 4 PM with all the proceeds going to The Low Income Ministry of Fremont.  Bring the kiddies and dress them up in their costumes a week early.  We will be doing a special meet and greet so bring your cameras.  Also if you stick around long enough you might get an earful if you get my drift.  Also Saturday night don't miss my Rock N Roll radio show, Hair In The Air, at 10 PM CST on 101.9 The Keg.

Brief moments of clarity.  I thinks that's what the title of this blog should be.  I know that I am not alone when I say those words.  That's exactly what it seems to be.  I had a short but amazing conversation with a fellow musician this week that really got my blood spinning, and not in the bad way.  I ran into him at the bar and asked about the his most recent tour and how things had gone.  He said "For the most part the tour was great.  Except for the van breaking down.  We only got to play a few of the dates before I got stranded and had to catch a lift back home but it was the adventure of a lifetime."  The reality of this whole statement gave me goosebumps.  I have been on those tours.  I have had those shows.  Almost every musician that has done a little road work has experience this.  The time spent on stage is completely worth all the bullshit and drama it took to get there.  For those few minutes it seems like time is standing still and nothing from the outside world matters.  The journey and all the hard work pay off and can finally get that release.  I think this is why a majority of musicians have addictive personalities.

My friends stories really drove home the fact that this isn't a hobby, or a competition, or even a passing phase.  We know the risks yet we take them anyways hoping for those brief moments of clarity that are all so elusive.  Drive 4 hours to play a 1 hour set.  Why?  Because that's where the next show is booked and it's better than sitting around at home talking to the cats.  More than that it's a chance to express our art.  A chance to purge that creative valve.  An opportunity to scream into the face of the universe.  Ohhh very deep.  I go through those days when I think the grass is greener on the other side and then I look down and realize it really isn't that bad over here.  There are problems everywhere and until you find something you are completely passionate about those problems will never go away.  For the most part I'm away from my home, my friends, and my family and that hurts.  I feel bad when they ask, "Where have you been?".  I feel bad when I'm to busy to hang out or do "normal people" things.  I'm out there chasing that dragon.  I've found the path.  It's a tough one but I don't think I can stop now.  I'm to far into it and it feels so damn good.

Always Loud
Forever Proud


Sam Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment