The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.”

Hello everybody and welcome to HAIR IN THE AIR, The Official Blog of 3D In Your Face.  Wait! Wait! Wait! Hold the press.  What is this a blog two weeks in a row?  Have no fear I have got this under control.  Before we get into it, I want to thank everyone that made last week one of the best weeks on tour.  The Pizza Shoppe Collective (private party) and Shooters in Kearney were two amazing shows.  We had so much fun.  It's like things are beginning to come together towards a climax of sorts.  This week we are launching into our longest and toughest stretch of the summer.  Not that playing in a Rock N Roll band is hard.  We have a few miles to burn between shows.  Friday, July 24th we will be heading up to Sergeant Bluff, IA to play the annual street dance held in front of Eddie's Tavern.  This will be our first visit to Sergeant Bluff so expect things to be loud and raucous.  Saturday, July 25th we will be making the trip to North Platte, NE for the Lincoln County Fair.  This will be our second trip to North Platte it's been awhile since our last visit and we are looking forward to showing most of Western Nebraska how we like to party.  Keep your eyes peeled for an article in the North Platte Telegraph, and radio interviews on Z-98, and Sunny Radio.  Finally Sunday I will be doing a live show with Dave Landis on 92.9 The Eagle called Nostalgic Rock at 9 AM.


This weeks blog is going to be a bit different than you've come to expect out of me.  Usually I sit and write about two paragraphs on a topic that really matters to me.  This week I want to write about a topic that may matter more to you.  This weekend we are embarking on our longest driving trip of the year.  We are driving from Sergeant Bluff to North Platte and back for two shows.  Not that this is some amazing journey, bands travel like this all the time.  My goal for this blog is to sort of live-journal our trip.  I will be checking in from time to time with updates about what happened. what we are doing, and where we are headed.  I will begin Friday morning and take you through our travel to Sergeant Bluff, the show, the road to North Platte and back and end with my live on-air spot with Dave Landis on 92,9 The Eagle Sunday morning at 9 AM.  This is as much for me as it is for you.  I will do my best to take as many pictures as possible and I will be honest with my feelings as I update this blog.  For all of you that are following along at home please feel free to ask questions in the comment box.  Let me know what you are thinking.  Who knows maybe you might even make it into HAIR IN THE AIR.  I don't want to write to much, but expect more blog posts on Facebook and Twitter as the weekend happens.

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

Sam Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment