The Official Blog Of The Glam Slam Big Haired Bad Boys Out Of Omaha, NE, 3D In Your Face

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Renamed Glitter Blog. From Me To You.

Hello everybody and welcome to Hair In The Air, The Official blog of 3D In Your Face.  So good to be back in action.  We are getting the rhythm and the rhyme back on track and things are finally hitting on all cylinders.  Thank you to everyone that came to The 21st Saloon last week.  I told you that it was going to be a crazy night.  Also thank you to Tammy Tomasello and everyone that came out to celebrate her birthday.  We have only ever played two house shows since I have been with the band and Saturday's show was an absolute blast.  It's sad to say but you only have one chance to see the band this week and that will be Friday, Sept. 26th at The 21st Saloon.  I can't believe we are already 3 weeks into our residency.  It feels so good to be back home.  Saturday we will be taking the day off for a photo shoot and some R&R before we hit it hard all the way to the end of the year.  So make plans accordingly.  You can still have all your hair metal needs cover by listening to my radio show Hair In The Air Saturday night, 8-10 PM on 101.9 The Keg.

Friday Hammer Head Radio will be doing a very special showcase on the band.  They will be posting up an album review and interview I did talking about the bands history, writing process, and live shows.  Check  www.hammerheadrocks.com on Friday for the full story.  Also please if you haven't done so yet check out this interview I did with Daniel Watts of The Mega Watts Radio Show.  We talk in depth about 3D In Your Face, The Midnight Devils Album, and generally geek out about Rock N Roll.  HERE.

When I was in rehab for my alcohol problem many years ago they told me that admitting you have a problem was the first step towards recovery.  These days I am pretty tame in comparison to my early twenties.  Don't get me wrong I am still the wildest child you will ever meet but I am no longer on a crash course to prison, if you catch my drift.  Right here on HAIR IN THE AIR, surrounded by my friends and family I can fully admit that I have a problem.  Huh?  Yeah it started a few weeks back but right now it's full on overload.  OK OK it's nothing life threatening but I am fully addicted to glitter.  It's has become my new go to Rock N Roll stage accessory.  Who am I kidding I wear that stuff out on the streets.  It's everywhere.  Not only are all of my clothes covered in the stuff (this is because of a faulty lid incident inside of my suitcase) but my tooth brush, inside of my car, and even at my parents house.  The glitter is endless but I can't seem to get enough.  What started out as a small joke has turned into something I can't control, nor do I really want to control.  My dad even yelled at me for covering by brother in the stuff.

So, I play in a Rock N Roll band, and yes I am covered in glitter.  You can't tell me that your aren't happier when that shiny stuff fills up your belly button like a sparkly wishing well.  HAHA.  The point I am getting at here is the glitter is actually acting to break down the barriers between me and the fans.  Those barriers that I have always tried so hard to steer away from.  Now people are bringing it to the shows themselves and it's everywhere.  We are all one sweaty, sparkly, mass, of pure Rock N Roll energy.  Mmmmm!  That sounds good, I'll have that.  Much like the alcohol the glitter effects don't just go away like that.  Every person that takes the glitter plunge or is in the same vicinity as me can never get that stuff off.  So we all wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and the remnants of last nights mayhem is still plastered across our face, chest, and clothes.  But what really does it for me is all the memories that the glitter brings back.  It's like a flood gate of good times, great friends, and awesome tunes.  Just the way I always want to live my life.  Hot, sweaty, and sparkly as hell.

ALWAYS LOUD
FOREVER PROUD

KEEP THE FAITH

Sam SPADE





No comments:

Post a Comment